LR Charleston Off Road Event

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
LR Charleston WV is having another off road event on Sept 10th, haven't gotten the time or location yet, but I know the last one we had was a blast...

We drove around 10 or more miles of off road (coal mine roads). Had a few nasty spots, and I even got stuck on the scouting trip. It was fun to say the least, I high centered in the same spot that I pulled a RRC out of not 20 minutes prior.

This should be a fun time for the family.

RSVP

LR Charleston 304-746-0800

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late notice, but just found out this has been delay this the 24th of Sept.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry for the miss grammer...

Should be this has been delayed till the 24th of Sept... Trying to type while using one eye today, not fun.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
After scouting last night (that was fun) it looks like we may be going out campbells Creek if we can clear a few trails... I know last night we had a blast, started around 5:30pm and didn't get out of the woods till after 11:00pm. Unfortunatly one spot in particular will not be on the event unless we can get the tree out of the way, if we knew every attendie would be a modified vehicle we could make it, but if a stock vehicle came not only would they not make it, but damage would ensue. And I watched a modified Disco take on a few bumps and lose a small portion of the bumper (not that this is abnormal).

I even hit a spot way to hard going down hill and went from 5mph or so to a dead stop, thank God for seat belts.

I know one thing I need to buy some good off road lights, after it got dark it was a pain with just stock lights.

Hopfully will know more before the event.

DiscoveryLover

Reaction score
Joey,

Did you all go the long route up Campbell's Creek that we did a few years back? The shorter route that we did last year was way to short and not very challenging, except for that one hole.

By the way, howcome I never get invited to go on the scouting trips? lol j/k

Thanks
Eric

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
We went all over just about every trail up on campbells creek.... Not sure what the plans are yet, I think they plan a couple more trips, plus they have to clear the trails so you don't get your vehicles all scrapped up.

DiscoveryLover

Reaction score
Joey,
Sorry you didn't get to go to the Dealership Event Sunday, we had a pretty good time, although it rained most of the time. It was pretty wet and muddy, but we didn't have much trouble. I believe 12 vehicles went total, and that included the dealership guys and The Greenbrier Driving School guys. I heard about Ralph messing his Rover up on the scouting trip, I hate that for him.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could have made it... Did you get any video or pic's?

I have a leaking swivel now from scouting, so I can't say much. Easy fix, just have to get the time.

DiscoveryLover

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your vehicle. I took a few minutes of video but didn't get anything really good except Jeff from the Dealership getting stuck in a mud hole. Brett got his RR stuck also but I didn't get it on video. I made it through fine, but I had the only vehicle there with a raised suspension. I think another Disco attempted it and he made it through fine. And then I got a video clip of Jeff trying to make the steep Hill Climb at the end of the trail. It was so wet from all the rain he couldn't make it all the way up. So it was uneventful for the most part.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90