LR4 1, Deer 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just hit an adult Doe doing about 50mph. Quite amazed, because the only damage was that it popped a few fasteners off the drivers side wheel arch trim (at the top of the arch). Years ago I hit a deer doing abt 45 in my old 05 Pathfinder and it pretty much destroyed the front end. This thing just seemed to have shrugged it off. It made one hell of a bang, even the bloke in the F-250 driving 30/40 yards behind heard it; he also stopped to help me drag the dead deer off the road, and he couldn't believe how little damage was done. Also, unlike the Nissan I didn't actually feel the impact through the cab. That is some tough LR plastic lol! Now to order some new wheel arch fasteners. Anyone know the part numbers off the top of their heads?

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One is generally not allowed to. Supposed to call a game warden.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did take a pic during the repair. The bunched up shop towels are from me crying lol. No, I ended up epoxying the bottom cap back onto the fender flair because the plastic tabs were broken off. I also used some of that hand-mushable marine epoxy putty to rebuild the missing/broken plastic clip tabs. View attachment 9207 View attachment 9207

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM