LR4 5.0L V8 MAP Sensor Replacement DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if my 2015 has 1 or 2 MAP Sensors? Thanks

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two. One on the throttle body and one on the back of the intake manifold (driver's side).
Thanks again for answering this. The one up front is pretty easy to get at but for the life of me I can't find the MAP sensor on the back of the intake manifold or if its the exact same as the other sensor or an entirely different part.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MAP sensor on the back for the scv6 engines is the connector that’s a pita to remove. I don’t believe it’s the same as the one by the throttle body. Look at the thread about crossover pipe removal and you’ll see a location and pictures

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for answering this. The one up front is pretty easy to get at but for the life of me I can't find the MAP sensor on the back of the intake manifold or if its the exact same as the other sensor or an entirely different part.
Part numbers given in the other thread.

In red, I circled the hole where the MAP sensor mounts. Feel around between the firewall and this location.
20200907_185922~2.jpg

The MAP sensor on the back for the scv6 engines is the connector that’s a pita to remove.

Absolutely agree. I found it easier to remove the bolt, pull the sensor and harness above the intercooler to remove the connector.

HuskerBred

Reaction score
Thank you for this write up. I've been having issues for the last few months, and was kind of at my wits end chasing gremlins. I'd clean the throttle body, and it would be fine for a few days, then restricted performance, reset the error codes, and be good for a few days, then restricted performance. Sometimes it would clear on it's own, sometimes I'd have to clear them. After reading this I ordered a MAP sensor and a used throttle body from a wrecked rover on ebay, and went to work. I was getting the same errors everyone else was getting, but wanted to cover my bases, and I figured if I was still getting the errors with both parts replaced, then it probably wasn't the throttle body after all. Happy to say she runs like a scalded dog! No issues now.

manglut

Reaction score
churious thank you very much for your DIY instructions and pictures.

Background: I went to get smog testing but before proceeding I informed the technician I get a CEL on/off for the past 6 months. He said they wont run the test until the issue causing CEL is fixed and the CEL is turned off. It has been coming on more frequently and staying on longer than when I first noticed it. Truck has been running the same without any issue since I got the truck in 2021. I finally connected my iCarsoft Scanner and got P0106. It pulled up P0106 and listed it twice, one as a "Stored" code and one as a "Permanent" code. I did a google search and first entry was for this forum with your first post. I decided to proceed with the MAP sensor replacement myself as it seemed fairly straightforward. I will be doing the replacement this weekend. I cleared the code with the reader and it cleared the "Stored" code but it warned me that there was still an issue as the "Permanent" code was not deleted.

Question: Did the P0106 code remain a "Permanent" code even after the CEL went out with the MAP sensor replacement?

Thanks in Advance

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA