LR4 Brakes and Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
weights are used on some vehicle specific models to quiet the pads due to vibrations that the brake engineers have determined are unique to that specific brake system/vehicle make and model. Porsche has been doing this as well to mitigate brake squealing.

Thanks for the info!

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Porsche has been doing this as well to mitigate brake squealing.

I've got an annoying squeal at low speed (it conveniently announces my arrival every time I pull into the garage and gives my wife plenty of reasons to make fun of my LR4). All rotors and pads are fairly fresh and definitely in spec (and OEM parts). I may try something aftermarket next time if I can't figure out how to resolve this.

buybrakes

Reaction score
Let's do something simple and transparent for you while at the same time, sharing the results with everyone here.

Review and eventually order the Centric PQ Pro Pads seen on the bottom page that shows all of our brake pad offerings for the LR4 vehicle. The PQ pro pads have the lowest noise rating of all of them.

Let's do an easy to perform review using your phone to record a video with your opinion. It will help future readers of this post. Here's what I've got in mind. Purchase the product shown on the link and once you have them and have them installed and drive on them for 2 to 4 weeks, please record your opinion of the brake pads in a short 1 or 2 minute video and talk about the difference you notice regarding brake noise and any other thoughts such as dust or brake performance. If, at the end of 60 days you don't want to keep them on the vehicle, we'll give you a refund. You can contact me (John) personally to discuss, at BuyBrakes.com 888-257-7149 .

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Centric PQ Pro Pads seen on the bottom page that shows all of our brake pad offerings for the LR4 vehicle. The PQ pro pads have the lowest noise rating of all of them.

What do you like or have you used on your LR3? I currently have EBC slotted coated rotors and green pads though I realize there are various "green" ebc pads so I'm not sure which I have. They've been perfectly fine though.

Also, mine are the ones sized to the NAS v6 or euro diesel lr3 s that I could use the factory 17" alloys for my winter tires.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM