LR4 Brakes and Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by several shops that I'm getting very close. No noises, no issues, no light on yet. The Indy shop advised me to wait until the light goes on.

If you do it yourself, do the front's at least before the light goes on.

That little sensor raises the "pain in the @ss" factor of that job by at least a third as you need to pull the inner fender liner to get to the connection point unless you have double jointed wrists and elbows.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't wait until the light goes on. Makes the job a lot harder--or so I've heard, because I've always replaced before the light goes on and thus have never had to replace a sensor.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That little sensor raises the "pain in the @ss" factor of that job by at least a third as you need to pull the inner fender liner to get to the connection point unless you have double jointed wrists and elbows.

I second @avlash view point. Doable, but a it's a pain. As you are compacted into the wheel well, you ask yourself about a 100 times, "Who in their right mind would put this connection here?"

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are a hands on owner the sensor provides very little value. If it breaks just clip the wire high and join them. Problem solved.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score

To be honest, I can remove the liner in under 10 minutes.... no big deal and it's good to get familiar with that process as it also allows you to see/check the washer fluid tank on the driver side and air suspension valve block on the passenger side, and both fog lamps.

If it's getting close to time for new rotor, I let them go till I get the pad/rotor grind but I do make sure I already have parts on hand and if I were starting a big trip or towing, I'd just go ahead and do the job if close on pad inspections.

buybrakes

Reaction score
weights are used on some vehicle specific models to quiet the pads due to vibrations that the brake engineers have determined are unique to that specific brake system/vehicle make and model. Porsche has been doing this as well to mitigate brake squealing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick