LR4 on 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because it CAN be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done. Fun to watch? Sure.... advisable? No. So it can be dumb and cool at the same time....and I think that's probably true.

I didn't mean to imply that they re-geared, just that at that jump in size they SHOULD re-gear!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because it CAN be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done. Fun to watch? Sure.... advisable? No. So it can be dumb and cool at the same time....and I think that's probably true.

I didn't mean to imply that they re-geared, just that at that jump in size they SHOULD re-gear!

But how do you know it's not advisable? We've heard nothing from Lucky 8 to suggest they're having any problems.

It's not to say we won't, but, as of right now, they've only shared positives.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose I'm just a bit dubious about jumping up 5" in tire OD and having to cut and trim and re-jigger the suspension geometry. I feel like it's asking for trouble especially on a vehicle as nuanced as the LR4.

...and that's not to mention the extra unsprung weight. When my 275/65R18s are mounted there is a palpable downgrade in handling on-road. Off-road they are great but in normal driving I'd much rather have stock sized tires (and I do 6 months of the year, my winters are 255/55R19). I can only imagine what 35s would be like...

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Welp, all 4 Land Rovers made it through, haven't seen anything about broken parts or anything failing. Fingers crossed for a write up

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose I'm just a bit dubious about jumping up 5" in tire OD and having to cut and trim and re-jigger the suspension geometry. I feel like it's asking for trouble especially on a vehicle as nuanced as the LR4.

...and that's not to mention the extra unsprung weight. When my 275/65R18s are mounted there is a palpable downgrade in handling on-road. Off-road they are great but in normal driving I'd much rather have stock sized tires (and I do 6 months of the year, my winters are 255/55R19). I can only imagine what 35s would be like...

Well, they are obviously modifying their vehicle for a specific purpose. Any "off-road" modification to almost any vehicle makes it perform worse on road. We're all ******* up our vehicles to a degree by bolting on heavy plates and heavy off-road tires. It's just a simple matter of how much you want to modify your LR4, and how much you're willing to give up to do it.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, they are obviously modifying their vehicle for a specific purpose. Any "off-road" modification to almost any vehicle makes it perform worse on road. We're all ******* up our vehicles to a degree by bolting on heavy plates and heavy off-road tires. It's just a simple matter of how much you want to modify your LR4, and how much you're willing to give up to do it.

The entertaining part to me is the fact that the people doing (or contemplating doing) these things to their Rovers simply DO NOT CARE what others think. Actually, that's not entirely correct. I think in some cases they are actually fueled on by the naybobs of negativity. LOL.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like it's asking for trouble especially on a vehicle as nuanced as the LR4.

gif?cid=790b76115cf5193e7177474936b81cdf&rid=giphy.gif

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I can't argue any of this. There is no right or wrong, I was simply explaining why I called it "inadvisable," and it's of course just my opinion. I haven't done any research.

Last edited:

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Lucky8 went with compos, not my taste, but these bad boys are. Now the real question, 33's or 35's? I'm thinking 35's because I already have the tires I want, picked out
IMG_20190603_173033.jpg

Rkymtnman

Reaction score
Personally, I can’t get enough of that lr4 on 35’s. I want one bad....and I would absolutely use it in a manner to take full advantage of 35’s....but that is just me. I don’t have a commute and it is a 3rd vehicle for us. I bought mine specifically to trail it knowing that I would be modifying it to some degree. Our other trail rig is a 3rd gen 4Runner on 35’s....it is heavily modified and it has been well trailed.

That said, since I have been driving my new-to-me 2013, I absolutely love the road manners of it with the stockers. I think I’ll recalibrate for something smaller because as nice as this thing is, I’d hate to cut it up to make 35’s work and as much as I have studied those pics, I can’t see how one avoids cutting a few places.

Love that these guys keep pushing the limits regardless.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM