LR4 on 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the torque at 1000 RPM for that LR4 with the new engine?

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fender flare was the victim of a tree and the back left tire. Tree popped it off back tire killed it. I picked it up and brought it with. I’m sure it will be given a proper burial lol.

I do want to say though thank you to the Rover Community.

It was amazing all the comments well wishes and support that we got from everyone on Facebook, Instagram both in public posts and DM. You guys were awesome and helped provide the motivation to keep pushing us forward towards the finish line.

The Rover Community is epic and I’m damn glad to be a part of it

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the torque at 1000 RPM for that LR4 with the new engine?

Factory spec it as far as I know it was a used motor

Engine
Torque
375 ft-lbs. @ 3500 rpm
Base Engine Size 5.0 L
Horsepower 375 hp @ 6500 rpm

Only spec I see is max torque at 3500 rpm

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh so it's the same output as the original 5.0L ??

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was amazing all the comments well wishes and support that we got from everyone on Facebook, Instagram both in public posts and DM. You guys were awesome and helped provide the motivation to keep pushing us forward towards the finish line.

The Rover Community is epic and I’m damn glad to be a part of it

It was a total blast to go along for the ride and see the squad complete the rally. Well done!

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
So I heard my truck was being discussed so I thought I would stop in and give my 1.5 cents :biggrin:.

There was no re-gear on the LR4.

Motor was swapped due to the original being a large awkward paperweight.

There was some minor trimming to the flares, body seams were rolled over in the fender well and the swap of the front bumper helped a ton. Really not much more than we do on the LR3 to fit the bigger tires.

There was some rubbing but nothing severe.

33’s are the minimum I would have recommended for this event I would not have done as well or gone as far on my daily driver tires of 32.6”. I think the narrower tire 275/65 would have sank a lot more than the wider tire did. It was amazing how much better the truck felt with the larger contact patch. My truck did fantastic for the most part but as some of have said I drug my tail on an obstacle and popped my cover. I did bury the truck in mud heavily and killed something in my Warn Winch on the last day.

That being said it was a hell of a trip. I had to winch a few times the LR4 only had to winch once, that I recall and that was the mud hole that claimed my Warn winch as it’s *****.

I will happily answer anything I know about the LR3/4/RRS that y’all want to know.

Other that that, Rover has now finished and I think we impressed a few folks along the way outside of the our community :beer:
I have way too many questions to ask. I'll make it short and sweet:

1. What suspension mods, if any, were done on the LR4 to fit those 35's? I want to fit 35's on mine now. I'm not asking for a full write up, although that'd be nice, I just want to know basically what I need besides the spacers and lift rods. I also would like to try to keep my stock bumper. Bit of a stretch, tracking.

2. Probably the most important, how did those atturos perform? Seeing as you all ran them, how were they? Did they cake up with mud? Did you slide all around? Are they good with low air pressure? Any damage to the tires?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want almost the same setup, and figured I'd ask people who already have it

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will happily answer anything I know about the LR3/4/RRS that y’all want to know.

Sounds like you daily drive with 33s --- after driving the LR4 with the 35s would you say there's that big of a difference in overall handling on the 35's in comparison to the 33's? Enough so that you would swap them out only for trail use?

Thanks again for jumping on here to address some of the outstanding questions. Really appreciate your hard work and feedback!

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're kind of a big deal around here... Just saying

I wouldn’t say that I’ve been a member for 7 years and I’m hitting my 10th post I think lol.

I was proud to have the chance to compete and be a part of the group that pulled off the finish. I was a very small piece of that.

I’m hoping to pull together a write up by the end of the week with some pictures.

I have way too many questions to ask. I'll make it short and sweet:

1. What suspension mods, if any, were done on the LR4 to fit those 35's? I want to fit 35's on mine now. I'm not asking for a full write up, although that'd be nice, I just want to know basically what I need besides the spacers and lift rods. I also would like to try to keep my stock bumper. Bit of a stretch, tracking.

2. Probably the most important, how did those atturos perform? Seeing as you all ran them, how were they? Did they cake up with mud? Did you slide all around? Are they good with low air pressure? Any damage to the tires?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want almost the same setup, and figured I'd ask people who already have it

1. Proud Rhino Rods, Proud Rhino SYA kit, Rims of your choice with the offset to push the tire out from the suspension and wheel spacers. Otherwise the wide tire hits the upper control arm. You will need to remove the frame horn or cut it back, roll the body seams (front and back) and trim the flares. There may be more on the front edge if you have a stock bumper. With the Proud Rhino bumper it clears fine. There will also be some trimming of the inner fender liner on the front inner corner.

2. The Atturos were a solid tire for us. I like the Trail Blade MT, As you saw the trail ranged from highway to mud bog and they took it all in stride. They air down well and keep the bead. The tread cleared well and they bit in on the mud and rock really well. We had one tire chunk 1 lug no casing damage it happens with wheel spin on rocks. They are a solid choice. I had the Trail Blade XT also in the past and did not like them as much as the MT variant.

That LR4 was such a beast over the weekend. I loved seeing it following me down the trail. Felt like I had a big brother watching my back. Literally that thing made my LR3 look small lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut