LR4 on 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do, but it will be a few days. I'm skiing this week.

Not often I get to say that in June. Hshs

Where are you skiing at in June? I guess Colorado has still been getting a lot of snow recently. I know A-basin is normally open this late, but are the other resorts staying open late, too? Assuming you are in Colorado, of course.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Where are you skiing at in June? I guess Colorado has still been getting a lot of snow recently. I know A-basin is normally open this late, but are the other resorts staying open late, too? Assuming you are in Colorado, of course.
I heard Breckenridge is going to be open pretty late this year. I also live in Colorado, but South Springs

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically drive with a 275/65 before that 285/65. I will be switching back to save the MT’s for trail events also for daily driving I prefer the AT. They are quieter and the gas mileage doesn’t suffer as much. Last there is no reason to smoke them running around town they are not cheap lol. I didn’t drive the LR4 a bunch but it definitely had more power on the 35’s than I did in the LR3 on 33’s. It felt solid and stable and handled as well or better than my LR3.

You could easily DD the LR3 on 33’s or the LR4 on 35’s. I just like being able to step it down to a bit more tame level for the commute to work lol

So I'm pretty sure come spring I'll be driving my rig to LK8 to get the 35" treatment. I plan on getting a iid tool or iland prior to that... My question is, if I want to swap my other set of rims out for daily use, can I save the suspension settings in the tool to swap back and forth. If not, what do you do to dial it in when swapping the sets out? Thank you

Asilver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure come spring I'll be driving my rig to LK8 to get the 35" treatment. I plan on getting a iid tool or iland prior to that... My question is, if I want to swap my other set of rims out for daily use, can I save the suspension settings in the tool to swap back and forth. If not, what do you do to dial it in when swapping the sets out? Thank you

Yes. I believe the GAP tool has 3 suspension 3 preset options you can save. Switching them takes a matter of seconds.

ArmyRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If memory serves he is correct you can save a couple presets with the GAP no idea on the iLand

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks to this thread and a case of rationalization I am sitting at Discount Tire waiting on some 275/70R18 KO2s to go on.

Still plenty of life left in the 275/65R18s currently on there, but by fortuitous timing the factory tires on my Nissan truck that are that size are in need of replacement. So, the goat gets new shoes and the truck gets hand-me-downs.

These should measure out at a true 33.2-3ish so using tire company logic I will say I am going to 34's.

I don't doubt the 35's work in L8s application, but I elected to stay with my TR sliders and avoid having to run spacers again.

I also want to retain the ability to run cable chains for heavy snow/ice usage on my winter ski excursions. Although a little angle grinding time might be required for that to work. Maybe not, but it's going to be close.

If you guys are interested I will post pics and give a report after I have driven it for a bit

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An update

I will wait until daylight to get pics, but the 275/70s are on.

No issue under normal driving in the rear. They might just touch the TR sliders under compression, but it won't be anything to worry about. It might just help to clear cached mud off of them, and might not contact them at all.

In the front they are just kissing the sliders at full lock. And I really mean just barely. I haven't tried it, but I would wager I could still wiggle a feeler gauge between the tire and slider. I'm familiar with significant rubbing from some of my earlier fitments, and this isn't it. It is so slight, I expect my wife wouldn't notice if she drove it, and that is saying something. I expect it will self rectify within a thousand miles.

They also just barely brush the plastic where the front lower driver's side wheel well liner bumps out into the wheel well. That will be less than 5 minutes with a heat gun to rectify.

There is no issue with UCA clearance on either side.

I wouldn't have any qualm about putting type S cable chains on the rear, and just trying to stay away from fully compressing the rear end.

If you have done the requisite mods, to include a front bumper, and Compos, you will not have any significant issue with this size. In my case, my TR sliders are now the limiting factor on tire size.

With a different slider, or some Fab work, I can see how you could go bigger.

As @ArmyRover seems to have gone everywhere the LR4 with 35's did, I'm going to call it good for a while and be happy I can still fit some chains on the back to get through a CALDOT or Colorado checkpoint if needed.

Pictures for you guys coming tomorrow.

PS. Am I the only weirdo around here that gets strangely happy over new tires on my Rover?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV