LR4 on 33's

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Bryan Jones, Feb 25, 2019.

1. James ZIGGA

James ZIGGA Member

I have the iLand and you cannot save presets. I would recommend getting the GAP tool where you can save presets.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

2. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Active Member

I did go everywhere on Red Clay they did. I just winched till my Warn died. Than used theirs to finish the job:laugh:

avslash and Bryan Jones like this.
  3. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Active Member

Always wanted to get my hands on one to do a side by side review, but didn’t have the money to waste

4. avslash

avslash Full Access Member

I don't want to contemplate pulling my TR bumper off to replace my winch. It's a royal PITA.

ETA:. With a front locker, and 34's, maybe L8 would be willing to recruit a new team member next year....

5. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Active Member

I hate pulling my bumper. I use a tree strap and my engine hoist lol

6. Bryan Jones

Bryan Jones Full Access Member

After very careful consideration, I've opted NOT to go 35's. The reason I wanted bigger tires are widely listed throughout this thread. More sidewall, better tires, and to push the limits of what tire size could be put on. The reason I'm not going with 35's is the amount of work and the cost, plus the limits have greatly been established. I don't have the time to do all the work myself with my schedule, and at over $300 a pop for the tires I want, plus an unknown amount for work. I have the wheels, I'll probably just go with 275/70r18. Seems to fit well with minimum rubbing, if any. I also got the taller sidewall, without a very much wider tire, so few mods should be done. The biggest thing was deciding what tires I wanted, and after deciding that, and seeing the sizes, 275/70 it is

iSurfvilano likes this.
  7. iSurfvilano

iSurfvilano Full Access Member

I too may go this route. I do not have my sliders just yet, but can you take a pic and send it (you can DM me) of the area that would need to be modded? Thank you!!!

8. iSurfvilano

iSurfvilano Full Access Member

@avslash actually I can see where they tuck and would need to be modded.

9. avslash

avslash Full Access Member

I think that is a prudent choice.

As we covered way back in this thread, width of tire becomes the issue versus height. If I didn't have the TR sliders, I can see how one could go up another 1/2 inch in circumference in either direction. Any wider than I am now though, and you are going to start pushing outside the wheel well, which is going to create issues at full compression.

275/70 looks like it is currently the tallest tire available (at least for BFG's) before you start getting into 12" wide rubber. Even the next size up at 305/60 only nets you an additional .3-.4 increase in height, but bumps you up to a 12" section width.

It's not like an extra 1.5" of rubber is going to float these hogs in mud, anyway.

10. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Active Member

I was surprised at how much better the wider tire did in the mud over my 275/65. Granted that is on a LR3.

Bryan Jones and iSurfvilano like this.