LR4 on 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Why are you stuck on that sizing type? Nobody in rover land really uses those. Anyway, it's too wide, will be for looks only yet you want it for it's engineering.... you'll never get to utilize how good the tire may be - it's quite the catch 22.
Why would I never get to utilize how good the tire is?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I stated in my OP, I'm not actually doing any of this. I'm taking it to a local, reputable, shop who ONLY works on Land Rovers, and had heavily modified them

info deleted - poser vehicles have no need for data LOL

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would I never get to utilize how good the tire is?

Because it doesn't fit into the fenders. Thus fire roads and trails where a subaru will also join you will be about it. Thus you could just use about any tire and not see how awesome that one is on the more rugged trails.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tested a ton of this stuff.... took empty wheels to Discount Tire, borrowed a wide 305 or 325 but basically 12+" wide on

Last edited:

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
I've tested a ton of this stuff.... took empty wheels to Discount Tire, borrowed a wide 305 or 325 but basically 12+" wide on an 18", no go, width is just too much. It doesn't stuff into the fenders and up front it was all screwed up trying to turn when tire pushed up at all. My frame horns are gone and it still scrubbed the slider ends too much.
Thanks for the insight and knowledge. I'm not going to do anything, I'm going to let the guys do whatever it is they need to do to make it work. Thanks though

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
however, 285/55x20 will actually fit ...

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight and knowledge. I'm not going to do anything, I'm going to let the guys do whatever it is they need to do to make it work. Thanks though

Last edited:

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Well, again, I heard that, but you need to know what they are doing don't you?

I said unless they have done this before and are planning these things, it won't really work. This is body metal and frame cutting. You think they are planning that without having talked about it? You should ask to be sure. Without the frame horns and stuff, it'll be literally unusable off road.

Just because they only work on rovers, doesn't mean they know the details on this. I did this before anyone else was posting how-to's 12 yrs ago.

I just posted a much better size but I only found it in BFG km2
I've already contacted them about this. They're prepared. Also, that tire is like $100 more per tire than what I'm getting. Almost $400 a tire without shipping or install

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe irrelevant if you are not doing any of this yourself, but what jwest told you is pretty much spot on.

I mucked around with wheel spacers and lift rods for 40K miles, and the on road ride and handling sucked versus stock and was very stiltish off-road.

I went to the strut spacer/rod/Compomotive setup a few months ago, and was, quite frankly astounded at how much better the truck drives. I had just gotten used to crap dynamics in the pursuit of bigger tires. In my defense, the current rod/spacer combination was not on the market when I set mine up back in 2014, and compomotives were much harder to come by.

I am currently running mine at 45mm above the factory settings of 465mm front and 483mm rear (center of hubcap to wheel Arch moldings).

If you are going to keep the truck, and actually wheel it, take it from someone who has paid good money to do it both ways and go the route of narrower tires.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut