LR4 on 33's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot wait to see the finished product here. I'm not gonna rain on anyone's parade as I am seeing more and more innovations from local shops with the LR4. I encourage pushing the envelope!!!

ricker

Reaction score
A number of years ago I tried to put very wide Destination AT tires on my RRC. They were OK on rocks but sucked in the mud. They had a tendency to float where the narrower stock size tire cut through the mud and found traction on the bottom. They would probably work well in sand. They were also ******* the bushings. I went back to a stock size tire (Scorpion ATR) and they work much better than the wide ones did.

When I eventually get around to changing tires/wheels I will probably go with the 18 inch Compmotive wheels but stay close to the overall stock tire size. I will have a better selection of tires than the 19s and will not need to do any radical mods on the truck.

Safe Travels,

David

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody running a 275/70R18 which equates to a 33.25ish diameter?

I am about to buy a new set of K02's. I had thought I would go with 265/70R18, but in measuring I believe I might be able to get away with the taller set.

Currently running Compomotives with 275/65R18, but I want all the sidewall height I can get without creating other issues.

I had the "good fortune" of having my daughter blow out a second tire on my daily driver truck, which just happens to have 275/65R18's from the factory, so Dad got to thinking the tires currently on the LR4 would work really well on the truck...

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the "good fortune" of having my daughter blow out a second tire on my daily driver truck, which just happens to have 275/65R18's from the factory, so Dad got to thinking the tires currently on the LR4 would work really well on the truck...

I will always enjoy and admire the ability of Land Rover owners to rationalize.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also gone around and around on tire and wheel setups for years, since before I even bought my 2013 new.

Half the time I even use a rear tire carrier on my bumper.. but...

265/65R18 - that's my size. I've been tempted so many times to do other sizes, but in the end, that size fits in the spare wheel well, just barely rubs the frame horns with compos (ET44 offset) and just generally is safe off road and on the bump stops without strut spacers. I also am pretty damn against lift rods full time. I prefer my suspension angles AS DESIGNED by LR. I bump it up via IID tools just for temporary off road use.

I'll probably buy a new set of KO2 this year in 265/65R18.

But having said that.. I LOVE watching you guys make larger ones work... cause it looks bad ass. I just don't want to deal with all of that myself. :D

but still...

lift rods are stupid.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
Changed some stuff up. Opted to go with the 20x9 Element EL006 Gloss Black wheels, and Yokohama Geolander M/T g003 305/55r20. Ordered one wheel and tire, gonna try that install before I order more. Lift rods and bump stops got lost in the mail, literally, so I'm still waiting on them

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
literally LOL. 33.4" diameter, 10" tread, 12" section, NINE inch wheel and wider offset.

Such a shop, willing to do this with these parts, is simply taking your $ or they'd have advised against the selections. GLTY

Last edited:

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
literally LOL. 33.4" diameter, 10" tread, 12" section, NINE inch wheel and wider offset.

Such a shop, willing to do this with these parts, is simply taking your $ or they'd have advised against the selections. GLTY
What offset would you recommend?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut