Maf & check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3OFFROVER

Reaction score
I recently purchased an LR3 that I have been wanting for a while now (for obvious reasons). I took it to the best land rover tech in my area for an oil change and to look over it. They changed the oil and got a clean bill of health. The next day the check engine light came on. I took it back and they said it was throwing codes that indicated it needed a MAF. They wanted $450 to replace it. I declined and they charged me $100 for their work. I went to Autozone and bought a new MAF for $80 and replaced it (Super easy, two screws and pop it in). The check engine light is still on. The car was running perfectly before and now it idles hard periodically. Any suggestions on something I need to do or didn't do? It has been 24 hours and I drove less than 20 miles so far. Do I need to wait for a bit of regular driving for proper working and check engine to go off? Any thoughts or similar issues that you have had? Thanks!

s3hooligan

Reaction score
Maf & check engine light

Before I purchased a MAF, I would have bought a $3.00 can of MAF sensor cleaner. Spray it on and then will I'm in there clean the throttle body with throttle body cleaner (15 minute job).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM