My dash lit up like a christmas tree after driving in snow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try calibrating the yaw sensor and steering angle sensor already?

I’m pretty confident it’s your battery. I’d say get a new battery and let the codes clear and then drive till you have another problem. I fine the ABS module tend to throw weird codes on my car. The car still behaves fine and no lights on the dash but I tend to get faults like this a lot. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

View attachment 12200

View attachment 12201

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Houston where we flood frequently and have had mine submerged to the intakes many, many times driving through floodwaters without issue.

Really would make me think one of the sensors suffered physical damage from a chunk of snow or ice.

As said above, ditch that battery and replace with a A8 AGM.

kenk

Reaction score
I’m pretty confident it’s your battery. I’d say get a new battery and let the codes clear and then drive till you have another problem. I fine the ABS module tend to throw weird codes on my car. The car still behaves fine and no lights on the dash but I tend to get faults like this a lot. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

View attachment 12200

View attachment 12201

After going up a hill at a local OHV park that didn't look too bad but felt steep after getting on it and reversing down it I got many dash waring lights and many dash faults (ABS, SC not working, EBD fault, transmission fault, camera fault), and an even longer list of GAP tool fault codes. Even after clearing with GAP tool and disconnecting the battery (new battery and alternator the month before) the top three ABS brake module codes you have persisted as well as a dash orange warning light. They were there for months but did not affect driving or any of the 4x4 programs at all. I was wondering if the yaw rate sensor needed replacing or if I could read a wiring diagram to figure out where the ground was (could not only that the ground wire was 1.8meters from sensor) but as they didn't affect the operation of the car it wasn't pressing so not fixed. My emergency parking brake failed a few months before this happened. I fixed the EPB module a few months after getting these warning lights and these fault codes and dash warning light went away without me directly addressing them. Maybe if you just fidget with the ABS lines to the wheels a bit it may reconnect a loose connection.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After going up a hill at a local OHV park that didn't look too bad but felt steep after getting on it and reversing down it I got many dash waring lights and many dash faults (ABS, SC not working, EBD fault, transmission fault, camera fault), and an even longer list of GAP tool fault codes. Even after clearing with GAP tool and disconnecting the battery (new battery and alternator the month before) the top three ABS brake module codes you have persisted as well as a dash orange warning light. They were there for months but did not affect driving or any of the 4x4 programs at all. I was wondering if the yaw rate sensor needed replacing or if I could read a wiring diagram to figure out where the ground was (could not only that the ground wire was 1.8meters from sensor) but as they didn't affect the operation of the car it wasn't pressing so not fixed. My emergency parking brake failed a few months before this happened. I fixed the EPB module a few months after getting these warning lights and these fault codes and dash warning light went away without me directly addressing them. Maybe if you just fidget with the ABS lines to the wheels a bit it may reconnect a loose connection.

so are you saying you think it was something wrong with the abs module or the parking brake module? At times after leaving my car in my driveway on a slight slope over night I find that the “park” amber appears to be blinking instead of staying solid but there are never any codes tied to it. In order to get it to stop blinking I pull the parking brake lever up and the brakes tighten and that’s all, it stays solid.

kenk

Reaction score
so are you saying you think it was something wrong with the abs module or the parking brake module? At times after leaving my car in my driveway on a slight slope over night I find that the “park” amber appears to be blinking instead of staying solid but there are never any codes tied to it. In order to get it to stop blinking I pull the parking brake lever up and the brakes tighten and that’s all, it stays solid.
I tend to think that the faults were not associated with the EPB module but rather some connection in the ABS or wheel rate sensors was either jarred loose or misaligned briefly so as to not be read by the computer causing the faults. To get to the EPB module the wheels and brake calipers were removed and the ABS lines were knocked about a bit. The yaw rate sensor is located under the arm rest and that area is also meddled with while changing the EPB because the emergency brake release cable is there. Obviously I don't know for sure what cleared the codes but because I did nothing to specifically address the fault codes other than knocking about where the sensors are located so it seems plausible that one of those actions was enough to reset the readings back to the computer. I was quite surprised, but happy, that the orange dash warning light disappeared after the EPB module change and that the GAP tool no longer read those fault codes.

I've not had park amber light blink but I'm not surprised there are some tricks to make it go away :)

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to think that the faults were not associated with the EPB module but rather some connection in the ABS or wheel rate sensors was either jarred loose or misaligned briefly so as to not be read by the computer causing the faults. To get to the EPB module the wheels and brake calipers were removed and the ABS lines were knocked about a bit. The yaw rate sensor is located under the arm rest and that area is also meddled with while changing the EPB because the emergency brake release cable is there. Obviously I don't know for sure what cleared the codes but because I did nothing to specifically address the fault codes other than knocking about where the sensors are located so it seems plausible that one of those actions was enough to reset the readings back to the computer. I was quite surprised, but happy, that the orange dash warning light disappeared after the EPB module change and that the GAP tool no longer read those fault codes.

I've not had park amber light blink but I'm not surprised there are some tricks to make it go away :)

The alignment in my car is off, do you think that could be the cause of some of the steering angle as well as the yaw rate sensor?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The alignment in my car is off, do you think that could be the cause of some of the steering angle as well as the yaw rate sensor?

How far off is the alignment?

If your steering angle and yaw rate don't match up the car will throw errors.

I've heard of this happening after replacing lower control arms, before getting it aligned. When I replaced mine my steering wheel was a bit off, but I had 0 errors.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bad Alignment can definitely cause issues. As @f1racer328 stated above, i had some of the same symptoms after replacing suspension components, but the alignment fixed that.

Use the GAP tool to calibrate ride height. Complete the alignment. Then, under calibration, select ABS-brake module for the yaw rate sensor and steering angle for steering angle.

Cant say I have... how do I do that?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bad Alignment can definitely cause issues. As @f1racer328 stated above, i had some of the same symptoms after replacing suspension components, but the alignment fixed that.

Use the GAP tool to calibrate ride height. Complete the alignment. Then, under calibration, select ABS-brake module for the yaw rate sensor and steering angle for steering angle.
I plan on taking my car in next week for a service and the alignment the alignment is off, it pulls the the right and the steering sits a bit to the right when saying it’s going straight. Where you notice it most is when you accelerate from a stop and don’t have your hands on the wheel, the steaming wheel will go from straight to the right. Aside from that, after my alignment is done, I will clear the codes and if it comes back I’ll play with the calibration.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV