Navigation Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new owner of a pre-own 2006 LR3 HSE. I'm totally in love with this truck even though I had to deal with a number issues. I will share those issues in another thread so those of you could learn from my experiences.

The last remaining issues is with my navigation. Mind you I'm coming from a G35 with nav and maybe my expectations are way off so please correct me if I'm wrong here.

1. My navigation at times shows me going down streets that I'm not even on. One time it showed crossing the 5 fwy at airplane like speeds and I was no where close to the 5 fwy. Other times it showed my driving in the pacific ocean. After taking it to the dealer I realized that the nav was setup in the wrong zone. After that was corrected no more driving in the pacific ocean but at times it shows me driving in areas that I'm not in. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal?

2. The campus on my nav takes a few minutes to show the proper north/south indication. Is this normal?

3. I entered in a destination the other night and the only voice prompt I got was to "Follow the current course and route guidance will start." I followed the route and took a different fwy than what the nav highlighted and never got voice prompts. In my G35 the nav would recalculate then give me directions from where I was. I still dont know why I never got voice prompts. I hope its something that I'm doing wrong. I did test it again on the way home today and the voice prompts came on this time. But when I did a detour it was telling me to turn on a street that was like 5 miles away from where I was.

Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

DJRCO

Reaction score
I have no such issues with my Navigation (2007 V8 SE) and it if I take an alternate route to the route indicated the system will indeed re route based on road choice in most circumstances. I hope that helps. Enjoy your new ride!

Best,
Darrin

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge