New battery: Sears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montyaloofah

Reaction score
So it looks like the battery on my 2011 LR4 has gone kaput. My wife tried starting it this morning and got a screen that says "Low battery, Start Engine" but the engine wouldn't turn over. I've noticed the car being a bit more sluggish in turning over the past few months. So I am now looking at getting a new battery. i called the dealer and they quoted ~$400. I'm looking at potentially going to Sears to get one of the Diehard AGM batteries a lot of people have been happy with. Can anyone confirm if Sears resets the BMS in our cars as part of their installation?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe Sears would have the diagnostic tool to do that. Some Land Rover techs say resetting the BMS is not necessary, especially on pre-2014s without Stop/Start, but the shop manual says it is... YMMV. IIDTool and other specialized LR diagnostic tools have that reset routine built-in.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what a BMS is, and I changed the battery in mine. And it runs so...:dontknow:

What battery does Sears sell for $400?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing the dealer quoted 400... Sears should have a compatible Advanced Gold AGM battery for less than $200.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reading comprehension sucks lately. Thanks :)

montyaloofah

Reaction score
Yes. Dealer quoted $400ish. Sears Diehard AGM battery is $190 pre installation.

chinochulo

Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4 and just changed my battery yesterday to Sears AGM after I got the low battery warning and then the truck wouldn't start. It took 20minutes at Sears; total out the door was $229. I had also asked the independent shop that I trust, and they quoted me 4 hours for the battery change with diagnostics and reprogramming.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when my battery went out. i got the diehard battery and did not reset the BSM. Mine worked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99