New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you all started to see the letters come in? I still haven't seen one. Been back and forth with LRNA and my dealer. I've paid out of pocket for this (like a week before the recall came out) and am still trying to chase reimbursement. LRNA confirmed my vehicle is part of the recall but feel like i'm going in circles here.
Not yet

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you all started to see the letters come in? I still haven't seen one. Been back and forth with LRNA and my dealer. I've paid out of pocket for this (like a week before the recall came out) and am still trying to chase reimbursement. LRNA confirmed my vehicle is part of the recall but feel like i'm going in circles here.
The bigger question is... if you just had a new version of the old/defective part installed, doesn't it still need the new/improved part installed? I haven't seen any confirmation either way.

:hmmmm:

TXLR4

Reaction score
Yep completely agree. For me, i'm just chasing reimbursement for what i've already paid for since i ended up trading the vehicle in after this came out.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it make sense to replace in tank pump and filter while this is being done?
I was wondering the same thing... what else should be replaced at the same time? Level sending unit perhaps? I've always had some fuel gauge weirdness despite some work at the dealer by the PO.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it make sense to replace in tank pump and filter while this is being done?
I guess I was hoping that was part of the new part? If not, then yeah, I'd want that done then as well if I could get them to discount the labor time for removing the tank, etc.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much is a new tank? Is there concern about the tank itself? I have surface rust on what I imagine is some kind of shield.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
All info from the letter from JLR...

"Oct 7, 2021
What if I have previously paid for this concern?
If you have already paid for this concern Land Rover is offering a refund. The process for administering refunds will be included in the second letter. Please do not contact your retailer or Jaguar Land Rover to request a refund until you receive instructions in the second letter."

They give contact info:
Instructions say to include your full name, address and VIN.

800-637-6837, Option 9

[email protected]

Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
ATTN: Customer Relationship Center
100 Jaguar Land Rover Way
Mahwah, NJ 07495

For complaints:
Administrator
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E.
Washington D.C. 20590

or Vehicle Safety Hotline 888-327-4236
or go to http://www.safercar.gov

Good Luck...

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much is a new tank? Is there concern about the tank itself? I have surface rust on what I imagine is some kind of shield.

It's a plastic piece on top of the tank. The tank itself is fine. The rust you see is on a factory skid plate.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a plastic piece on top of the tank. The tank itself is fine. The rust you see is on a factory skid plate.

Right, I know the recall doesn't involve the tank itself. I just saw others mention replacing the tank while at it. I was wondering if this was based on any known history of failure or decay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut