Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the new headlights?

The signature daytime LEDs are the new "face" of Land Rover, so the design is certainly consistent with the rest of the lineup already using them - Range Rover, Evoque and th brand new Sport. Would have to see them in the flesh, from here they don't look bad but I wouldn't want to trade mine in for them. :wink: I don't care for the black surrounds around the fog lights, it cheapens the look a bit for my taste.

2014-land-rover-discovery-1.jpg

2014-land-rover-discovery-2.jpg

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the new headlights?

Like them. And the grille. BUT not enough to make me feel bad about my purchase especially knowing the V8 is history in the 2014 model...and I would be the first to admit I made a mistake if I really felt that way. There might be a way to retrofit the lights and grille but to me it would be a complete waste; would rather spend the money on off road accessories.

Not to mention I was in a bad position to begin with (i.e., I did not have the luxury to wait for a 2014 order to process...I was out of a car).

As far as technological goodies, I think the wading sensor would be cool.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like them. And the grille. BUT not enough to make me feel bad about my purchase especially knowing the V8 is history in the 2014 model...and I would be the first to admit I made a mistake if I really felt that way. There might be a way to retrofit the lights and grille but to me it would be a complete waste; would rather spend the money on off road accessories.

Not to mention I was in a bad position to begin with (i.e., I did not have the luxury to wait for a 2014 order to process...I was out of a car).

As far as technological goodies, I think the wading sensor would be cool.

Exactly my feelings.

psc

Reaction score
US Markets will stick with Land Rover on the Hood from what I understand

In recognition of the Discovery's established identity, the refreshed exterior design for 2014 also incorporates a change of identity for the vehicle in many markets. For the first time ever, the name 'Discovery' name replaces 'Land Rover' on the bonnet and the number 4 will be removed from the tailgate leaving just the word 'Discovery.'

Engine badging moves from the tailgate to an ingot mounted on each of the front doors. This side badging will reflect the engine type and appear as either, 'SCV6,' 'SDV6' or 'TDV6' in markets where the lower-power diesel engine is offered. In the USA and the Middle East the vehicle's badging will remain as previous models.

avus9

Reaction score
one last comment on the 'updated' look...
Why would Land Rover want to make the LR4 look like the Freelander/LR2? That old-girl should have been left to roam the pasture a LONG time ago. To mimic its tired looks on the LR4 begets a tired LR4
autowp.ru_land_rover_freelander_2_sd4_26.jpg

psc

Reaction score
They quote it as been optional (for now) - but I can see them switching in some markets and offering the two speed t/case as an extra cost option :frown: not sure what the "Mechanicaly Controled" feature is on a single speed T/Case ? (probably the torsen diff ?)

New optional single-speed transfer box

For 2014 models, buyers will be offered a choice of two four-wheel drive systems with the new single-speed transfer box or the carry-over twin-speed transfer box which offers high and low range for the most demanding off-road conditions.

The single-speed transfer box acknowledges that some customers do not need to fully exploit the Discovery's off-road capabilities. Mechanically controlled, it weighs 18kg less than the two-speed box, features a Torsen differential and provides a 42/58 percent front-rear torque split.

Last edited:

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last truly capable Land Rover is on the verge of being the line-up's designated grocer getter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9