Oil leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it doesn't really answer your question, i cant find any reference to 2 different chains when looking up by part numbers.
LR032048 is the OEM number, and it says its compatible with MY10-16. there is no footnote of confirming vin# / chain pitch

Atlantic british is very reliable, im sure they wouldn't offer a generic kit, and they only offer 1, stating it fits MY10-13. while the chain included in this kit is the same part number listed above, the other parts may be difference which would account for the different applicable model years.
https://www.roverparts.com/engine/timing-chains-belts/TCK5030/

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I saw the two different procedures in the shop manual, I had to investigate. The luck I'm having with this truck already that would be icing on the cake to not have the INA Chain.... Here is some info that was given to me by someone that has tackled this job already:

Jaguar changed the pitch on the cam sprocket teeth early on (from 6.35mm to 8.0mm) when they brought the 3.0 and 5.0 engines to market. Unless you have a very early 3.0 or 5.0 Jaguar you will have the 8.0mm pitch. Every Land Rover with the 5.0 V8 has the INA 8.0mm pitch timing chain setup as it is more robust. Both timing chain setups are interchangeable, and if you go to buy parts today for a vehicle that had the Tsubaki 6.35 parts (cam sprockets, crank sprocket and chains) you'd be wise to upgrade to the beefier setup.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 4.01.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 4.02.03 PM.png

MW3Designs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting on a couple more things to come in, and weather to warm up a bit before I pull her into the garage and get it done. I miss driving it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA