Oil Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z

zdas04

I got my LR3 SE in January and immediately had an aftermarket XM reciever installed. A week later the oil light came on and I had it towed to the dealer (3 hours away). They found a problem with the installation and the computer had about 15 faults registered (none in the oil system, but I guess the computer just decided to get my attention). The XM wiring problem was fixed (at my expense since it was a "user modification") and I went on my way. Two months later the oil light came on again. It would be on steady when I started the car then a couple of miles later it might go off. It seldom comes on while the car is moving (but it sometimes does).

I took it back to the dealer (the light did not come on at the beginning of that trip and it was off the whole way) and he couldn't find anything.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Every time it comes on I check the oil level and it is fine. The dealer checked the oil pressure and it is fine.

F

Freeflytim

Id make your aftermarket installer pay!!

How does the system work? How's it hooked up? Im Curious.
I like XM more than Sirius, which it looks like we might get in the future thru LR.

Cheerios
-Tim
Tennessee USA

Z

zdas04

It looks pretty good. They mouneted a 3X1.5 inch display near the upper left corner of the Nav window and tapped it to the dash, less than 1/4 inch of wire shows in the whole job. From there they ran the wire under the trim and through a hole into the dash where the receiving unit sits. From there they went through the firewall for the XM antenna wire (no holes were drilled in the installation). They brought the LR3's antenna into their reciever and back out to the radio (so they can cut it off when the XM is powered up).

The BIG problem was that they pulled power off a wire that had both a power function and a sensing function. I'm not really blaming them for this screw up since I've been unable to find and "official" LR document describing where they could have gotten power without a sensing function. After-market product installation guidelines seem to be an unpleasent mix of trial-and-error and word of mouth.

The $200 LR charged me was nothing compared to 2 days out of work trying to get a one-month-old $50,000 vehicle fixed.

David
Farmington, NM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635