Overland Expo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already warned the family that I'm going with or without them next year. Just looks like a cool place to be.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already warned the family that I'm going with or without them next year. Just looks like a cool place to be.

My rover sure looks the part thanks to you. Voyager Sliders, Ladder, Rack... all installed and looking great. The black on my fuji really stands out.

Next project. Compomotive 18" Wheels with winter/off road tires. (in black of course. You'd think I'd want the black pack, but that is just too much, and I want smaller wheels, not larger ones that bling).

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rover sure looks the part thanks to you. Voyager Sliders, Ladder, Rack... all installed and looking great. The black on my fuji really stands out.

Next project. Compomotive 18" Wheels with winter/off road tires. (in black of course. You'd think I'd want the black pack, but that is just too much, and I want smaller wheels, not larger ones that bling).
I bet the accessories look great on your Fuji white - take some photos.

How did the ladder install go for you?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet the accessories look great on your Fuji white - take some photos.

How did the ladder install go for you?

I will get some pics soon. The ones I took last night are not great. I did take some video of the install with Google Glass (im a tester for them).

The ladder install went well other than I over torqued one of the nuts on the rear top hatch module and snapped it off. F**K! but... its still amazingly tight without that one bolt. The other 5 bolts hold it tight, so you can't tell. Still kicking myself. If I ever have it apart again I might look at fixing it.

The rack went on fine. Had a neighbor help me. We ended up using the stock/long spacers right against the weather stripping. I put one of the large washers on top of the rack. That seemed to work fine. I don't know how you used the shorter spacers, its pretty close to the roof glass in the middle. If I got up on the rack or put some heavy stuff on it, I would worry the flex would touch the glass with the short ones.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get some pics soon. The ones I took last night are not great. I did take some video of the install with Google Glass (im a tester for them).

The ladder install went well other than I over torqued one of the nuts on the rear top hatch module and snapped it off. F**K! but... its still amazingly tight without that one bolt. The other 5 bolts hold it tight, so you can't tell. Still kicking myself. If I ever have it apart again I might look at fixing it.

The rack went on fine. Had a neighbor help me. We ended up using the stock/long spacers right against the weather stripping. I put one of the large washers on top of the rack. That seemed to work fine. I don't know how you used the shorter spacers, its pretty close to the roof glass in the middle. If I got up on the rack or put some heavy stuff on it, I would worry the flex would touch the glass with the short ones.
Hello mbw,

Thanks for the update - so glad it all worked out for you. You know, I heard that over torquing the riv nuts is pretty common, but I know that the voyager ladder is pretty darn strong. Was there any spacing in the gap between the lift handle the the actual upper rear hatch door?

Looking forward to seeing photos. The black with Fuji white is so sweet, can't wait to get my truck and rack/ladder/sliders installed. It'll look great with the black design package. The dealer still tells me a June 12th delivery.

I am also considering the Compomotive wheels, but likely not until Fall or Winter (of course in black). At that point, I will be looking around for tires! When are you looking to order the wheels?

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello mbw,

Thanks for the update - so glad it all worked out for you. You know, I heard that over torquing the riv nuts is pretty common, but I know that the voyager ladder is pretty darn strong. Was there any spacing in the gap between the lift handle the the actual upper rear hatch door?

Looking forward to seeing photos. The black with Fuji white is so sweet, can't wait to get my truck and rack/ladder/sliders installed. It'll look great with the black design package. The dealer still tells me a June 12th delivery.

I am also considering the Compomotive wheels, but likely not until Fall or Winter (of course in black). At that point, I will be looking around for tires! When are you looking to order the wheels?

-David

The Voyager ladder fitment was perfect. It could not have fit better. No gaps at all and easy to align and install.

I will probably order wheels within a month or so. Not sure yet.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Voyager ladder fitment was perfect. It could not have fit better. No gaps at all and easy to align and install.

I will probably order wheels within a month or so. Not sure yet.
I am so glad to hear that! I will likely get the itch and want the new wheels soon. ;-)

-David

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be great to see some folks from here at the overland expo in VT in the fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM