Placed my order tonight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said that the extended warranty, although obtainable anytime during the factory warranty, gets more expensive as time goes by. They mentioned 15% higher after the first year. Not sure how negotiable that is.....

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black pack really looks good on Fuji White!

As for the warranty I discussed it with the finance guy at my dealership yesterday. I'm going to go with the same option as Soda (7/100K) and the price is the same. I also heard that if you wait the price goes up. Pro-rated based on the mileage on the vehicle. It is transferrable if you sell the vehicle. There is an option to cancel if not used. There is also a 6yr/100K option for a few hundred less. Depends on how many miles you drive per year.

BTW, there is a $100 deductible if the service is not done at a LR dealer. If done at a LR dealer the deductible is waived.

Includes roadside assistance.

Areas covered include:
Engine components
Transmission components
Drive axle components
AC components
Heating/cooling
Electrical
Braking
Suspension
Steering
Fuel Delivery
Enhanced Systems (BSM, hands-free, rear monitoring, nag, voice, driver info, etc.

aj22

Reaction score
On the warranty front - look into your insurance. I have Geico, and it's going to be roughly $200/yr(albeit starting after year 1) to get a 7/100 warranty, $250 deductible.

Seems far better than dealer, I had(and used) this on a different car. Seems like a no-brainer.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said that the extended warranty, although obtainable anytime during the factory warranty, gets more expensive as time goes by. They mentioned 15% higher after the first year. Not sure how negotiable that is.....

That's a shame. BMW will let you purchase the extended warranty at any point before the standard one finishes for the same price. I like this option better because if you write off the car in a collision, you are not out that huge chunk of money.

I do understand that some people like to roll that cost into their loan though. However, an insurance company would not normally factor that into their value of the vehicle if you did total it.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think any unused portion of the warranty cost is refundable; so if you total the vehicle (or sell it) e.g. half way thru, you get half back.

6 days and counting.....

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soda, and Dan. I negotiated the extended warranty today. Best I could do for the max version (7 yrs, 100,000 mi) was $4165 for the LRNA extended.

Are you both certain you're getting the LRNA warranty. The guy at the dealer implied that the $3600 price for the max version is for a 3rd party warranty.
Just askin'...

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is what I have (purchased yesterday).
- It is titled Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Protection Plan and has Jaguar and Land Rover logos
- But it sis administered by United Service Protection Corp w/ a PO Box in St. Petersburg, FL
- I got it to cover 84 months or 100,000 miles.
- A $100 deductible is waived if the service is done by an official Land Rover dealer
- There was a list of exclusions but all seemed reasonable. They require proof of proper and timely maintenance. Also the warranty may become void if the issue is due to after market add ons, etc. Of course normal wear and tear is not covered. Also will not be covered if the vehicle used for professional use, towing a trailer heavier than the limits, etc. The only issue I might have here would be IF I were to do any after market mods.
- The cost to me was $3999
- It is transferrable should I sell the LR4 before it expires.
- It is cancelable but pro-rated based on time and miles
- I can cancel and get a full refund within 60 days of purchase

So, is it truly the LRNA warranty. I don't think so. Therefore I am going to investigate this morning.

BTW, some of the wording talks about difference laws in different states. It may be that there are different rules for warranties like this in different states? Again, something I will ask them about in the morning.

I had made it very clear that I wanted the Land Rover warranty, not some 3rd party. So I need to find out what's up.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is what I have (purchased yesterday).
- It is titled Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Protection Plan and has Jaguar and Land Rover logos
- But it sis administered by United Service Protection Corp w/ a PO Box in St. Petersburg, FL
- I got it to cover 84 months or 100,000 miles.
- A $100 deductible is waived if the service is done by an official Land Rover dealer
- There was a list of exclusions but all seemed reasonable. They require proof of proper and timely maintenance. Also the warranty may become void if the issue is due to after market add ons, etc. Of course normal wear and tear is not covered. Also will not be covered if the vehicle used for professional use, towing a trailer heavier than the limits, etc. The only issue I might have here would be IF I were to do any after market mods.
- The cost to me was $3999
- It is transferrable should I sell the LR4 before it expires.
- It is cancelable but pro-rated based on time and miles
- I can cancel and get a full refund within 60 days of purchase

So, is it truly the LRNA warranty. I don't think so. Therefore I am going to investigate this morning.

BTW, some of the wording talks about difference laws in different states. It may be that there are different rules for warranties like this in different states? Again, something I will ask them about in the morning.

I had made it very clear that I wanted the Land Rover warranty, not some 3rd party. So I need to find out what's up.

You mentioned many times that you would use your LR4 to work out of it.
Would this be ground to void the warranty?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned many times that you would use your LR4 to work out of it.
Would this be ground to void the warranty?

"Work" is a relative term. My company makes extensive use of "virtual office". Meaning that although we have over 70 people located in the Denver area we do not have an office. Everyone works out of their home and many travel during the week. The folks that work for me are all over the US (no one in Denver) and the people my team supports are all over the world. (Computer systems company called Teradata.)

Because I start going nuts working out of my home all the time I will take often find someplace else to work for a couple of hours. Coffee shop, whatever. But there are also a number of nice areas where I can park the truck with an awesome view of the mountains or near a stream or lake and have adequate cell coverage (using my iPad as a wifi hot spot) to keep working the constant flow of emails. I will do that in the back of the truck with the 2nd row folded forward as a table and the rear row as my seating area.

The other kind of "work" is actually a hobby - photography. Maybe a better word would be "operate" out of the truck. When up in the mountains it will be nice to have the space to set up my gear or review shots I have taken inside the protection of the back of the LR4. Again, sitting in the 3rd row and using the folded over second row as work space.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo