Preemptive 80K mile service...

Discussion in 'LR4' started by rickyn f355, Jul 13, 2018.

1. DirtyHal

DirtyHal Member

So my 2011 LR4 just hit 85K and my Front crossover Pipe is leaking. While they are in in there should I have anything else replaced? My waterpump was already replaced once by a previous owner at about 30k or so.

2. Quijote

Quijote Full Access Member

I'd consider another water pump and other hoses/pipes just in case. Might as well feel you don't have to worry about the cooling system for tens of thousands of miles, but that's me.

3. TCM75

TCM75 Full Access Member

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but does this Y-pipe issue affect the SCV6 engine?

4. magus

magus Member

I'm getting my 2012 LR4 back today from a 80,000 mile service done by a good independent LR shop.

In addition to the key fluid changes, I replaced the lower control arm assembly as bushings were shot, water pump replaced along with crossover pipe (small leak in both). There was also some sort of pressure release valve unit that was loose and making a lot of noise that was replaced.

Pretty hefty bill ($4500) but considering it has gone 6 years with only basic maintenance, it doesn't feel too bad. They told me that owners should expect to spend about $2600/yr on average on maintenance on 'modern' Land Rovers - seems high to me but there it is.

5. rickyn f355

rickyn f355 Full Access Member

yeh i wld think its more like $1k to $1500 a year considering tires go almost 40k miles

6. DirtyHal

DirtyHal Member

Funny enough, the water pump failed this week and it's back in the shop getting fixed.