Preemptive 80K mile service...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 2011 LR4 just hit 85K and my Front crossover Pipe is leaking. While they are in in there should I have anything else replaced? My waterpump was already replaced once by a previous owner at about 30k or so.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd consider another water pump and other hoses/pipes just in case. Might as well feel you don't have to worry about the cooling system for tens of thousands of miles, but that's me.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but does this Y-pipe issue affect the SCV6 engine?

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting my 2012 LR4 back today from a 80,000 mile service done by a good independent LR shop.

In addition to the key fluid changes, I replaced the lower control arm assembly as bushings were shot, water pump replaced along with crossover pipe (small leak in both). There was also some sort of pressure release valve unit that was loose and making a lot of noise that was replaced.

Pretty hefty bill ($4500) but considering it has gone 6 years with only basic maintenance, it doesn't feel too bad. They told me that owners should expect to spend about $2600/yr on average on maintenance on 'modern' Land Rovers - seems high to me but there it is.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh i wld think its more like $1k to $1500 a year considering tires go almost 40k miles

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd consider another water pump and other hoses/pipes just in case. Might as well feel you don't have to worry about the cooling system for tens of thousands of miles, but that's me.

Funny enough, the water pump failed this week and it's back in the shop getting fixed.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
given all the work i have had done i though wld be good to update this thread for anyone who is new to this. If you are buying one of these this is the stuff you want to be aware of and just replace if any doubt (outside of timing chain):

Y pipe
Rear heater valve pipe
Tstat
Water pump
Lower radiator hose
Brake vacuum pump
PCV bleeder hose
crankcase breather diaphragms

and some good threads:

MRLR4

Reaction score
given all the work i have had done i though wld be good to update this thread for anyone who is new to this. If you are buying one of these this is the stuff you want to be aware of and just replace if any doubt (outside of timing chain):

Y pipe
Rear heater valve pipe
Tstat
Water pump
Lower radiator hose
Brake vacuum pump
PCV bleeder hose
crankcase breather diaphragms

and some good threads:
I also just did a very long write up which may be helpful on the first 4 items with part numbers, video links, and torque specs here: https://www.landroverworld.org/thre...er-pump-coolant-replacement.43821/post-247627

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA