SCV6 spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(2015 SCV6) So I changed my plugs today at 110K. Took both air cleaner boxes out, both electrical boxes apart, removed both batteries, removed the power harness that goes from main to aux battery and laid the harness down the middle of the truck. After doing this, it was super easy to get to all the plugs and replace. The only plug that was just a bit difficult was drivers side rear due to the AC lines, but with the aux battery removed a long extension went in very easy, actually I used a long extension on all the plugs with super easy access on 5/6. Pass side took all of 15minutes. This was much easier then I anticipated. I took apart more then I needed, but then I have no cuts/bruises!

Plugs were worn, so was glad I changed them, should of probably changed at 100. All removed without effort.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(2015 SCV6) So I changed my plugs today at 110K. Took both air cleaner boxes out, both electrical boxes apart, removed both batteries, removed the power harness that goes from main to aux battery and laid the harness down the middle of the truck. After doing this, it was super easy to get to all the plugs and replace. The only plug that was just a bit difficult was drivers side rear due to the AC lines, but with the aux battery removed a long extension went in very easy, actually I used a long extension on all the plugs with super easy access on 5/6. Pass side took all of 15minutes. This was much easier then I anticipated. I took apart more then I needed, but then I have no cuts/bruises!

Plugs were worn, so was glad I changed them, should have probably changed at 100. All removed without effort.
Have you noticed any change in the engine response/power?

Fuel efficiency (hah, as if it matters on these vehicles) is probably slightly better.

I haven’t done my plugs yet (120k miles) but haven’t seen any reason to get them done yet.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed any change in the engine response/power?

Fuel efficiency (hah, as if it matters on these vehicles) is probably slightly better.

I haven’t done my plugs yet (120k miles) but haven’t seen any reason to get them done yet.
I have only cranked and run in the driveway to make sure it's firing on all cylinders. After looking at my plugs, and the wear, I would not wait. I should of changed around 100. Longer you wait you risk the plugs difficult to remove.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72