Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all..... for the uninitiated does anyone out there any any photos which show exactly where this stuff is supposed to be put i have read and reread this forum and i am still clueless as to where is i even has copy of the Haynes manuel and that i not helping .............you can tell i am not very good at this can't you ...............anyway thanks in advance

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roverchic had some pics up at dweb but its down.

D

discomike

Find an easy to get to vacuum line on or near the intake manifold or throttle body, that has some good vacuum. Go to the parts store and buy 2 feet of that size tubing, connecting one end to the engine and put the other end into the can of Seafoam. Using a pair of pliars, restrict the vacuum flow to the can so it takes 4 to 5 minutes to suck all the fluid into the engine. Then turn off the engine, let it sit for 30 minutes and then go dry the crap out of it, don't be alarmed at the hugh amount of smoke that will just keep following you wherever you go for the next 10 or 15 minutes.
Good luck,
Mike J.

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There lies the problem i don't know the intake manifold from a hole in the ground which is why some photos would be handy as i said i am completely clueless

D

discomike

Top, center part of the engine where the air goes in.
Mike J.

D

discomike

No,
Just look for any easy to get at vacuum line that you can remove and feel vacuum, anyone will do, that is where you want to hook into.
Mike J.

62Sunbeam

I used the Vacuum hose for the Power brake booster. I hope that was OK?????

eric

95 Disco

D

discomike

It's OK but on newer OBDII's systems it can throw a check engine light because you suck too much in too quick and throw a code. Also the best way to allow this stuff to work is to suck it in slowly over 4 or 5 minutes then allow it to sit for 30 minutes before driving.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4