speed limit for off road suspension height...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to be able to run just a bit faster than 30mph in off road height. is it possible for a dealer to reprogram the ECU for a higher speed limit. 40 - 45 mph would suit me fine.

S

simonharper

And you'll love it when your car rolls on a corner eh ;-)

Not sure of they would do this if they could due to safety and the possible legal poo that would ensue ;-)

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simonharper said:
And you'll love it when your car rolls on a corner eh ;-)

Not sure of they would do this if they could due to safety and the possible legal poo that would ensue ;-)

That's the answer I expect from Land Rover, not someone on this forum ;-)

Seriously, I was playing in the snow drifts the other day and it was annoying as hell when the chimes started ringing everytime I hit 25mph. The LR3, with all the safety systems, is hard to play with. Without being able to disable some of the systems, one really can't test the limits of the vehicle.

S

SteveA

I think you're out of luck with this one. The speeds that activate different height settings are NOT adjustable by the dealer. TestBook does not allow access to change anything in that program.

Stephen

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SteveA said:
I think you're out of luck with this one. The speeds that activate different height settings are NOT adjustable by the dealer. TestBook does not allow access to change anything in that program.

Stephen

Is Test Book the Land Rover diagnostics system?

S

simonharper

madtownrover said:
That's the answer I expect from Land Rover, not someone on this forum ;-)

Seriously, I was playing in the snow drifts the other day and it was annoying as hell when the chimes started ringing everytime I hit 25mph. The LR3, with all the safety systems, is hard to play with. Without being able to disable some of the systems, one really can't test the limits of the vehicle.

Sorry... Was feeling a bit flippant the other day...

I agree it would be good to be able to raise her a little higher in certain situations.

-s

D

disco1

It would be fair to say that Land Rover are covering their ****, because you cannot have it both ways. Speed and lift is a dangerous combination and "they", would have erred on the side of caution.

L

l-c-t.com

lowering or lifting the chassis

it is possible to lower or to lift the chassis at virtually any speed. i do have a device installed which allows exactly that. you can set the speed and then you can lower or lift the chassis - up to your programmed speed. of course this is all on your own risk and not officially supported by range rover.

alex

jzk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LCT,

Please do tell. How might we get this "device?"

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member