Stalling after or during Rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone after the recent rain we have had in Southern California i have noticed my Disco has been stalling or coming real close to stalling when coming to a stop this appears to happen once and then it might happen again for days sometimes weeks other than that she she starts up ok and drives ok once i get going. Any suggestions........ again thanks in advance

98 Disco
98-99k

Last edited:
D

discomike

Well I have been scratching on this one for awhile. The only thing I can think of is a bd, dirty or loose connection that has gotten wet. Which one I can't say, but I wouls just start checking, tighten or cleaning any questionable connections.
Hey isn't that what weekends are for.
Mike J.

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me Mike i have to work on weekends i seem to have some wires where the black insulation has come loose exposing the yellow and white cables i assume i could rewrap these in some conventional electrical tape ?

D

discomike

Sounds like a grate place to start, could very possibly be the problem.
Good luck,
Mike J.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be the stepper motor starting to stick... moister in the air causing it to stick more than normal.

Try cleaning it and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4