The Quest for A Durable Front Crossover Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow. Hope those work. I'm about 30k miles into my last pipe.

Oops. SCV6 only.

thebruce

Reaction score
I thought there was an aftermarket and/or updated version already out there that was single piece vs the laser welded plastic. At least thats what I thought my indy said.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic pipes were updated so they don’t have the same kind of seam as before, but that’s not the most common failure point. The problem is plastic degradation where it meets the block. The redesigned pipes don’t seem to be any better in that respect based on some posts I saw where at least one person has already had to replace the redesigned pipe. I think I’ll be putting the aluminum in at the next go around.

thebruce

Reaction score
The plastic pipes were updated so they don’t have the same kind of seam as before, but that’s not the most common failure point. The problem is plastic degradation where it meets the block. The redesigned pipes don’t seem to be any better in that respect based on some posts I saw where at least one person has already had to replace the redesigned pipe. I think I’ll be putting the aluminum in at the next go around.
ick. how long did you replace pipes last? I just had mine replaced at 85k miles and was hoping that was the last of it. I thought of doing myself but removing the SC seemed like you need a hoist.

thebruce

Reaction score
and are there some class action lawsuits on this yet? I thought I saw something was filed. I hope so so I can get my $3k back :)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a class action on the timing chain guides. Nothing I've heard on the crossover pipes. I'm sure Land Rover considers it a wear item.

Around 60k miles is the consensus on when you should change them.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know when they were updated? If 2018 then my updated pipes only lasted 75k miles.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer those aluminium pipes don't fit the naturally aspirated 5.0L.

:stupido2:

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen aluminum versions for the V8 out there as well - check ebay and amazon. No idea how good the quality of any of these pipe are.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d rather change with OEM parts every 75k than risk it on some Amazon made in china no quality control piece.

Now if it was made by someone like Chase Bays or another well known custom shop… I’d be ok using it. I thought about converting to AN fittings but even those fails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM