The XLifter EAS Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to establish a purchase sequence. The Xlifter ticks the fun box, the iid tool the responsible box. Just did the cross over pipes, and will schedule the transmission oil change with two piece pan early next month, so trying manage my expenses. The suspension is all stock, and seems to be functioning perfectly.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do a lift with just the iiD Tool by recalibrating the "normal" ride height of the suspension, but it's not as easy to vary suspension heights on the fly as it is with the x-lifter.

That said, if you only had the budget for one right now, I'd go iiD tool all day long.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I agree with @rywith the gap iid tool. Get that first for many reasons to get you diagnosed and out of trouble, while doing a software lift.

Xlifter is more of a "like to have" with a ton of bells and whistles. I used to get death stares and getting yelled at for leveling on rocks and blocks. The xlifter saved my marriage.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My interest in the Xlifter is primarily for the self leveling, secondary is being able to lift the rear and drop the front when loading the Miata on the trailer. I don't know that I'd necessarily lift it on a day to day basis, though lowering it a tad when in the highway might be nice. Thanks for the input, you've given me more to ponder.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder what effect on alignment and tire wear lowering for highway cruise would be? If the goal is saving money on fuel, is it offset by bad tire wear?

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the OEM system will lower once you go over 160kph/100mph. I don't intend to go that fast, but want to see how driving dynamics change, especially with the roof top box full of luggage.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think that happens on an LR4. I think that's Range Rover stuff.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
My interest in the Xlifter is primarily for the self leveling, secondary is being able to lift the rear and drop the front when loading the Miata on the trailer. I don't know that I'd necessarily lift it on a day to day basis, though lowering it a tad when in the highway might be nice. Thanks for the input, you've given me more to ponder.
With a gap iid tool, it's easier and faster to just put it in access mode, line up your trailer hitch, put it into off road mode from the gap app on your phone, hook up the trailer, and put it back to normal ride height.

The gap iid tool let's you lower/raise the truck from your phone. So, you can do everything yourself.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the trailer, the issue is the receiver on the LR4 is a bit low, even when in off-road height, and the Miata's frame rail often fouls with the trailer when it crests the ramps onto the deck. By having the back raised up and front lowered down, it lifts the tongue even higher creating less of a breakover. At least that's my current thinking, reality might disagree... But point taken that the iid tools is super useful, thank you!

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
You should probably get a 2" drop hitch and flip it upside down to make it a 2" lift.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV