(UPDATE) First Winter with the girl and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
PXL_20210131_205641175.MP.jpg

Hell of a way to find out lol

Michael Conley

Reaction score
Engine fuse box slot 15 doesn't have terminals for the fuse, only slot 18. Any run into loose terminals before?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine fuse box slot 15 doesn't have terminals for the fuse, only slot 18. Any run into loose terminals before?

There have been those that have found disconnected ribbon cables underneath the driver-side a-pillar trim. If I remember right, one screw is located under the SRS cover and then it pops off. Google to verify though..

Michael Conley

Reaction score
There have been those that have found disconnected ribbon cables underneath the driver-side a-pillar trim. If I remember right, one screw is located under the SRS cover and then it pops off. Google to verify though..

So I went blindly by the manual and didn't bother to look under the engine fuse box cover. Lo and behold the windscreen heater fuses are 40A and located in a completely different location. Further research uncovered a service bulletin stating that the windscreen requires 40A fuses instead of the original 30A. Will try and swap tomorrow and see if this proves if, hopefully, I just need a new fuse.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went blindly by the manual and didn't bother to look under the engine fuse box cover. Lo and behold the windscreen heater fuses are 40A and located in a completely different location. Further research uncovered a service bulletin stating that the windscreen requires 40A fuses instead of the original 30A. Will try and swap tomorrow and see if this proves if, hopefully, I just need a new fuse.

Interesting, is this the first time on the forum we've heard about a TSB on this fuse change? Maybe I missed something. I thought we just had a discussion about the risks of going from 30A to 40A; in fact I'm sure we did.

I keep mine in a garage 99% of the time unless I'm visiting poor relations who don't have an available spot for me (JUST KIDDING) but still like to stay on top of stuff like this.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
Update: Looks like mine was retro fitted with the 40A fuses for both sides (notice the sticker over FL1 to FL8). They're a pain to pull (already cracked the top off one) so going to buy a couple before I continue with the swap.

PXL_20210201_140855204.MP.jpg

Michael Conley

Reaction score
Interesting, is this the first time on the forum we've heard about a TSB on this fuse change? Maybe I missed something. I thought we just had a discussion about the risks of going from 30A to 40A; in fact I'm sure we did.

I keep mine in a garage 99% of the time unless I'm visiting poor relations who don't have an available spot for me (JUST KIDDING) but still like to stay on top of stuff like this.

Someone posted a while back, looks like the TSB was never fully launched due to inconsistency?

https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/window-heater-fuse-issue.25093/

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or they didn't want to deal with melted fuse boxes. 40A is a big fuse.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
Or they didn't want to deal with melted fuse boxes. 40A is a big fuse.

What's that about a melted fuse box? @____@ Bottom ribbon connector, popped the trim and started smelling burnt plastic and here we are

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PXL_20210201_174213995.MP.jpg

Wondering if the fatigue in the ribbon cable is responsible for the short...

PXL_20210201_174025203.MP.jpg
PXL_20210201_174200502.MP.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM