Waxoyl treatment for LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjagreen

Reaction score
I have a 2016 LR4 HSE that I bought new. It has around 36 000 miles on it and I intend to keep it until the end of its life. I live in western Massachusetts and was thinking of having the local Land Rover garage apply Waxoyl to the undercarriage. He said it would be around $1200. Does anyone have experience of this and is it worth doing? Thanks for any advice.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely worth doing. Coming from the UK its considered a must in most parts. To do a good job it requires a fair bit of prep work; cleaning and degreasing, and having the attachments it get right in the hidden weld areas that collect water.

Mark Lyons

Reaction score
I have a 2016 LR4 HSE that I bought new. It has around 36 000 miles on it and I intend to keep it until the end of its life. I live in western Massachusetts and was thinking of having the local Land Rover garage apply Waxoyl to the undercarriage. He said it would be around $1200. Does anyone have experience of this and is it worth doing? Thanks for any advice.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be very hesitant. In principle, and perfectly applied, it probably works well. But I could never trust that a surface as incredibly complex as the undercarriage could ever be cleaned, prepped and perfectly coated without leaving a pocket that will rust that spot behind the scenes.

My 2013 has a few spots of surface rust underneath. All I do is hit those spots with rust reformer spray every time I install and remove my winter wheels. This past Fall, I didn't have to hit any spots any more. It seems under control now.