Well crap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlonesty

Reaction score
Looks beautiful and I would be really pressed to give up on it. The body style is too good a feature to go to the 5.
Mine...2011...has 169k on it. I too have done everything right including the timing chain. I am never giving my truck, HAL,up. Im planning on this being my last and best vehicle.

I think you should bite the bullet and fix it. It is still less than another vehicle, even at a high cost for the repair.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None for the pipes. The rubber o-rings on the pipes seal them. I forget what year your truck is though. If supercharged, the supercharger or the snout, and the water pump need to come off to get the "y" pipe off. Not sure if it's easier on the 5.0. With the water pump you'll need the water pump gaskets (2 of them total), the oil cooler tube and it's seal.

Mine is a 5.0.

It's on third water pump, but not giving me issues right now, so unless I see something when I get into it I think I will leave it.

Crossovers were last done around 40Kish and at 91K now, so it's about time. Especially with a revised part released.

Rear pipe should deliver today, so I might get around to it this weekend.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My crossovers were done a few months ago but used the old part(two piece). Does the updated part have a new part number or is it the same one, superseding the old?

Mine is a 5.0.

It's on third water pump, but not giving me issues right now, so unless I see something when I get into it I think I will leave it.

Crossovers were last done around 40Kish and at 91K now, so it's about time. Especially with a revised part released.

Rear pipe should deliver today, so I might get around to it this weekend.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My crossovers were done a few months ago but used the old part(two piece). Does the updated part have a new part number or is it the same one, superseding the old?

If you used two pieces, then you have the new part. The old part was a single piece that look like it was plastic welded together.

I can post a picture once I get my old one out as it is definitely the old style.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tangentially, LR050854, the upper radiator hose assembly, which i believe we had to mess with when dealing with the supercharger, was VERY brittle, and cracked a small connector on it. which they don't sell. you have to buy the entire birds nest for $133 (LR RENO). Really as an FYI, there are a lot of cooling system parts here that are stupidly brittle after only 75k miles. The crossovers crumbled on removal in my case at the base where it went into the block. i ended up replacing various other items on dissassembly beyond the crossovers, and discovered how not well they were holding up. Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 9.11.33 AM.png

I think this answers the part number question. Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 9.18.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 9.19.52 AM.png
IN any case, don't forget the blanking plug - LR011038. Mine was too brittle to remove from the old and the new one did not come with it. Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 9.21.36 AM.png
and forgot that i also replaced LR109401 at the same time. Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 9.25.57 AM.png

Last edited:

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the kit I got

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174027247449

Part# LR090630 , LR050935 - water connector - THERMOSTAT TO TOP COOLANT HOSE
Part# LR092992 - WATER OUTLET TO CYLINDER BLOCK TUBE - INCLUDES O-RING
Part# LR011038 - DRAIN PLUG
I must be missing something. I don't see how this would fit. The crossover pipe is the pipe attached to the head underneath the manifold and comes forward to where it piped to the thermostat no? How does this now part fit underneath the manifold? The old (LR018275 attached pic) cross over pipe was a that squashed, two half's seam welded together shape for clearance. Oh wait, mine is an 10' V8 might be different for the SC engine, sorry.

Pipe.JPG

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be missing something. I don't see how this would fit. The crossover pipe is the pipe attached to the head underneath the manifold and comes forward to where it piped to the thermostat no? How does this now part fit underneath the manifold? The old (LR018275 attached pic) cross over pipe was a that squashed, two half's seam welded together shape for clearance. Oh wait, mine is an 10' V8 might be different for the SC engine, sorry.

View attachment 11030

Interesting, as I was wondering the same thing.

Mine is a 2012, and the ebay engine lists it as compatible with a 2012. I did check that much before I bought it.

I guess we will see.

20200529_130609.jpg

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah sorry for any confusion I have a sc6.

wthammett

Reaction score
Damn that ride looks good - makes me sick to think it just ****** you like that, sorry man.

No value comment coming; I'm on the 'ride till you die' plan as someone earlier in the thread put it. Done the crossover pipes, water pump, plugs, O2 sensors, alternator and AC compressor between 150k - 175k miles and she keeps starting and keeps rolling, oil change every 10k and still rides as smooth as **** on the all original suspension components (two sets of controls arms of course) and shes been pretty damn good this far - favorite car of my wife's for sure and I gotta say, this is a tremendous machine but hey, you guys already know that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA