What did you do with your Lr4 Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of fun today. Fuel filter and in tank fuel pump replaced. It's all back together, but ran out of time to prime fuel pump and test drive it.

20210306_110115.jpg
20210306_113442.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're on my list, but my one reservation is that they don't really look any bigger than my 255/55/19 Cooper Zeons. On paper, they should have a half-inch more sidewall, but it doesn't look like it in pictures I've seen online.

I may just bite the bullet and get 18" wheels.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you tell us what led to this? I think I smell some fuel in the back of my '11, I'm guessing it's the filter. Does it make sense to do the pump as well?

It was part preventative maintenance and part troubleshooting. Personally, I would replace the pump while you already have the tank dropped. It's not a huge endeavor, but I would be annoyed if I had to drop the tank twice

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While on the road this weekend, got a CEL for a driver-side MAF sensor. Hit it with some MAF cleaner (and made sure all the intake hoses were clamped tight) and it cleared it right up.

Got the MAF sensor CEL again (B circuit, which is the driver's side) on my way to family this weekend. Hit it with MAF cleaner, and it went away. Then this morning as I drove back home, the same damn MAF CEL came on again.

I've checked the air intake hoses and don't see a leak anywhere. Is it possible the MAF sensor is bad and acts up like this (where it throws a code, then clears itself after a bit), or would a bad MAF sensor just be "bad" and never get better.

Prior to December, had the same MAF issue a few years ago. Cleaned it up, the CEL went away after driving a bit, and not again until December. Now, it's three times in the span of a few months.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the MAF sensor CEL again (B circuit, which is the driver's side) on my way to family this weekend. Hit it with MAF cleaner, and it went away. Then this morning as I drove back home, the same damn MAF CEL came on again.

I've checked the air intake hoses and don't see a leak anywhere. Is it possible the MAF sensor is bad and acts up like this (where it throws a code, then clears itself after a bit), or would a bad MAF sensor just be "bad" and never get better.

Prior to December, had the same MAF issue a few years ago. Cleaned it up, the CEL went away after driving a bit, and not again until December. Now, it's three times in the span of a few months.

Zero experience with LR4 MAF sensors, but some with those sensors in other vehicles. Depending on what kind of sensor it is, cleaning may help but can risk damaging the sensor itself unless the right pressure and gentle chemical is used.

One other thing to check would be the connectors: a little Caig DeOxIt has helped in the past when even replacing the sensor would not fix the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV