What is this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

.all

Reaction score
I'm here again trying to figure out this vehicle! Overall I LOVE it but the place I bought it from didn't have the owners manual. I posted here a few days ago asking about the navigation. I also can't get the voice activated calling/radio ect to work. (sorry I don't know the technical terms for things yet) I have an appointment in Dallas Wednesday for the Nav but will bring up the voice thing also. Next thing is I assumed it did not have the back up camera. I figured the previous owner didn't get that option. Today I was washing it and I see what looks like a back up camera. I could be wrong, so I figured I would post here and see who knew what it was. I know the little round things on the bumper is the sensors but I can't figure out what else this could be? I'm really starting to kick myself for buying this vehicle somewhere other than Land Rover. I didn't think twice about it because the place I purchased it from sells Ferrari's, Maserati's, Porsche and any other luxury vehicle.

Anyhow, this is at the top left side of the back hatch. It's next to the brake light.

photo.JPG

I think I answered my own question here. After playing around with it a little I'm guessing that is to clean the back glass? Still no idea what the front 2 are for.

Last edited:

.all

Reaction score
Also, it just dawned on me. I have 2 things on the front bumper that I'm thinking is for the Vision Assist package?? ..... This dealer knew very little about the LR4 since they deal with more lux sports cars than suv's... I hope this doesn't turn into a headache... Luckily it still has 100% warranty.:help:

photo.JPG

Last edited:

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the rear windscreen washer nozzle. The front 2 are the headlight washers. They'll only work when the lights are on and you try to clean the windshield using the wiper stalk. They're set to clean the front lights every 5th windshield wash or so.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your first picture is the rear window washer nozzle and the second picture is the headlamp washer nozzles.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear view camera is located just above the rear license plate.

.all

Reaction score
Thanks... I guess I'm just on edge now since the nav/voice control isn't working.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't feel bad, my sales rep also thought the rear windshield nozzle was the camera. I had a bit of fun with him and remarked something to the effect of: thats cool, so when it squirts out water, is that to clean the rear camera? And I wonder why I didn't get a great deal on the car....

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought LR disabled voice activation on 2010 and 2011 LR4's? It can be enabled by your dealer but I don't believe those years came with it switched on from factory build.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought LR disabled voice activation on 2010 and 2011 LR4's? It can be enabled by your dealer but I don't believe those years came with it switched on from factory build.

who said that? just wondering. my 2010 came with it enabled. it was 1 of its selling points despite it being overly complex.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then maybe they disabled it for 2011's. I recall reading on here that LR disabled a certain model year - but you could go in and have the dealer enable it. Silly if you ask me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99