Woodgrain Dash, Steeing Wheel & Shift Knob ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
"Hydrographic" is a process of lamination. The plastic trim pieces are dipped in a tank where the wood grain is deposited on the part. This is most likely this is what they use.

Yes, they charge far too much for the process... but, then again, how many carry pre-laminated parts for LR3/Discovery 3? Most shops would need to keep your parts for a while.

Thanks man for letting me know exactly how they do that, i realy had to idea, That process produces some amazing looking woodgrain...

They acctually have alot of the pieces in stock, they one that is taking a while is the piece i asked them to make custom because they do not sell it...

M

Matt_Grim2

Just letting everyone know that Apsis USA the company that makes the woodgrain dash kit and other pieces just sent me an e-mail stating that they will now be offering the piece around the Terrain Responce and shift knob woodgrained, the picture was too big to attach so i added to my album website, it is the first picture, and before you ask yes they did woodgrain over the Terrain Responce Knob Symbols but it was a mistake in the Factory and they are now making them correctly with the Symbols still showing they just don't have a pic...

The Price is $395.00 for the Piece...

Here is the Link...

http://www.albumtown.com/showalbum.php?aid=59722&uuid=23427

Let me know if you have any ?'s...

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
I got a quoate back today for $100.00 to do the custom peice...

Matt - How do you remove the front of the cupholder piece?

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Matt - How do you remove the front of the cupholder piece?

To remove the front of the cupholder piece first push in and pop the cupholder out as if you were going to put a drink in it, then just grab the gray front piece and pull up & out and it just pops right off, I was happy that it was this easy as i didn't want to have to send the whole cup holder assembly to them...

Let me if you need any more info or got any more ?'s

Are you getting the woodgrain done ?

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
To remove the front of the cupholder piece first push in and pop the cupholder out as if you were going to put a drink in it, then just grab the gray front piece and pull up & out and it just pops right off, I was happy that it was this easy as i didn't want to have to send the whole cup holder assembly to them...

Let me if you need any more info or got any more ?'s

Are you getting the woodgrain done ?

Thanks for the info Matt. I decided to go with everything except for the Floor console and all the window switches. So basically - I got, Left and Right Vents, Center console, Extra cupholder piece like you, Steering Wheel and Shifter. I love the other wood pieces, but I prefer a more minimal look. This way I will have the utilitarian look of the truck with a mix of some luxury.

Is the wheel and shifter Actual HARDWOOD or laminate?

Thanks

Kevin

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Thanks for the info Matt. I decided to go with everything except for the Floor console and all the window switches. So basically - I got, Left and Right Vents, Center console, Extra cupholder piece like you, Steering Wheel and Shifter. I love the other wood pieces, but I prefer a more minimal look. This way I will have the utilitarian look of the truck with a mix of some luxury.

Is the wheel and shifter Actual HARDWOOD or laminate?

Thanks

Kevin

Good Choice,
That is the look i was going for too, Execpit also got the window switch as they really set it off, I consindered the Seat Handles & Roof Handles but figured it would be to much... what do you think ?

What do mean by "Floor Console" ?

The Wheel & Shifter are Laminate, Gromment Explained how they do it eailier in this thread or the old woodgrain thread..

My vehicle is in the shop right now as i could not get the wheel installed myself, it cost $245.00 for the install and i went to pick it up wensday but they forgot to fix the rattle from the bass in the one door so i will be picking it up this monday because they had to order parts...(I did get a jag loaner so its all good) No matter how hard i tried i couldn't get the wheel off so i figured since i can afford this car and the wood kit i can pay to have it done right...

While i was there wensday my car was parked beside an 06' RR and i asked them to open it and the salesman was amazed as he couldn't tell the difference between to 2 cars and said the woodkit they sell for the LR3 is crap compared to this, I acctually gave him the website and he said he will be purchasing the kit for his car this week...

If you got any more ?'s just ask...

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
Good Choice,
That is the look i was going for too, Execpit also got the window switch as they really set it off, I consindered the Seat Handles & Roof Handles but figured it would be to much... what do you think ?

What do mean by "Floor Console" ?

The Wheel & Shifter are Laminate, Gromment Explained how they do it eailier in this thread or the old woodgrain thread..

My vehicle is in the shop right now as i could not get the wheel installed myself, it cost $245.00 for the install and i went to pick it up wensday but they forgot to fix the rattle from the bass in the one door so i will be picking it up this monday because they had to order parts...(I did get a jag loaner so its all good) No matter how hard i tried i couldn't get the wheel off so i figured since i can afford this car and the wood kit i can pay to have it done right...

While i was there wensday my car was parked beside an 06' RR and i asked them to open it and the salesman was amazed as he couldn't tell the difference between to 2 cars and said the woodkit they sell for the LR3 is crap compared to this, I acctually gave him the website and he said he will be purchasing the kit for his car this week...

If you got any more ?'s just ask...

Matt - The floor console is the piece with the 2 cupholders in it that surround the shifter. I decided not to go with that piece nor the window switches. I got everything else and can't wait to get it installed.

Thanks

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Matt - The floor console is the piece with the 2 cupholders in it that surround the shifter. I decided not to go with that piece nor the window switches. I got everything else and can't wait to get it installed.

Thanks

Alright I get what you mean now, are you going to intall it yourself ? let me know what you think of it once you get it ? I reccomend getting at least the wheel installed by a dealer, the rest you can do yourself...

MAtt

Any more ?'s just ask...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9