Would love your opinion.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The is in relation to the problem I had mentioned in this thread:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23783

Basically I noticed this at the dealership on the day of the pickup of my new car. The front bumper does not line up correctly with the fender on the passenger side.

Following are the photos of both sides for comparison' sake. Is this something that you guys would see as acceptable for fixing as you pick your new car up? Just want to know what course of action I should pursue with LR customer relations. I have already contacted them and have sent them these pictures. The car is at service and I have told them not to fix anything but just let me know the diagnostics.

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely looks more than just an unclipped part or something, that's a true defect. I would certainly let the dealership know and contact LRNA (as you have). That defect is is NOT ACCEPTABLE in any way! They need to fix it or remedy the situation. It SHOULD NOT be that way in a brand new LR4. No way!

I would pursue this as much as you can, as well as the other defects you mentiond previously.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sound a bit snakebit. The fit/finish issue is just crap, but fixable. I'd have a serious heart-to-heart with the sales manager and shop manager. Don't threaten, but do know your rights (state-by-state). None of what you have here looks to be lemon-law applicable. They are just fixable annoyances, and they should be fixed ASAP.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The following is the email that I have sent to the service manager at the dealership and have cc'd to LR customer relations:

It was a pleasure meeting you last week, and thank you for your time.

I have dropped my car yesterday at service.

Following are the things that I'd love to be looked at, and please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

1. Passenger side fender or front bumper not fitted correctly, as currently, on the passenger side, its not sitting flush with the headlight housing (Please see the driver' side which is how it should be. Before any work is done, I'd want to know the diagnostics on this please, thanks. I'll send photos of this as well shortly.

2. Radio controls Knobs (specially the one on the right) is rough, a bit tight, and does not click smoothly, to an extent where you often cannot stop on clicks and stop past or in between the clicks.

3. While driving straight, the steering wheel does not sit straight and is turned to the right a bit. I have tested this on multiple, leveled roads and freeways. Aside from steering please check that all the alignment etc is within specifications (and I would love a hard copy of the alignment diagnostics/results, thanks.).

4. Front suspension or steering knock/loose feeling. This happens intermittently when driving very slowly and straight, on small but sharp, uneven surfaces, like pulling into your driveway from the street (where the pavement meets the sidewalk' raised edge). This was a well known and recorded issue on LR3 with multiple TSBs. I had thought this issue was resolved by now with LR4's revised steering and suspension components. But much to my surprise, I have noticed this problem in my LR4 as well. I have been able to record a couple of videos of this where you can hear the noise, which I will send to you in a separate email shortly. Also, upon research I have found a TSB on this:

http://www.disco3.it/gallery/albums..._Knock_Noise_While_Driving_Straight_Ahead.pdf

5. Front power adapter cover is lose.

6. Rear wheel arches body cladding / trim pieces do not line up. Before any work is done, I'd like to know the diagnostics on this please, thanks.

7. Climate controls' passenger side temperature knob is lose.

8. When put in reverse gear, the radio changes the band from FM to AM. This has happened only twice so far, so maybe a hick-up.

9. Surround cameras do not work sometimes and show blue screens with a cross marks. This is intermittent and has happened only a couple of times so far.

10. Ride feels a bit harsh with wheel judder and and not as smooth sometimes when driving at moderate speeds and going over minor uneven roads. When I test drove another LR4 last week with you, its ride felt much better and the car had less miles (approximately 80 miles) than my car (around 650 miles) if break-in period is to be considered as the reason. Could you please check all the suspension components, struts, shocks absorbers etc.

11. Steering wheel feels a bit with shimmy or slight vibration and normal highway speeds like around 55 to 60 mph or so.

12. When parked on a level ground, the car feels slightly dipped toward front driver side. I have checked the tires' air pressure with an expensive accurate tire gauge and they are inflated up to the vehicle' specs note on the driver' side front door.

13. Slight whistling wind noise from the front driver's side when driving at speeds from 15 to 25 or 30 mph.

14. Front leather facia' stitching is uneven near the passenger side. Before any work is done on this, could I please know the diagnostics, thanks.

15. Instrument panel' LCD screen shown some unwanted pixels around sometimes when car is turned off or on. This is intermittent.

16. Overall wind or ambience noise inside the cabin, could you please check that all the door seals, etc are up to specs, thanks.

Thanks,

sirgrotius

Reaction score
I have a new LR4 '13, too, and do not have the issues you're pointing out. Gut feeling is that your car is "off" a touch. I would consider that unacceptable, as we too dropped about $65K on the car all things considered.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a $65k vehicle should not have any of these issues.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would politely ask if this car was in a accident. I know it probably wasn't (since it's new and all), but the fender issue, steering alignment, wind noise, suspension dip, etc., are not right for a new vehicle. Sounds like it may have been damaged in transport. If it wasn't, they completely missed the boat on QC.

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's quite a list of issues.

So far in the two weeks we've had ours, we have not had any issues.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The following is the email that I have sent to the service manager at the dealership and have cc'd to LR customer relations:

It was a pleasure meeting you last week, and thank you for your time.

I have dropped my car yesterday at service.

Following are the things that I'd love to be looked at, and please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

1. Passenger side fender or front bumper not fitted correctly, as currently, on the passenger side, its not sitting flush with the headlight housing (Please see the driver' side which is how it should be. Before any work is done, I'd want to know the diagnostics on this please, thanks. I'll send photos of this as well shortly.

2. Radio controls Knobs (specially the one on the right) is rough, a bit tight, and does not click smoothly, to an extent where you often cannot stop on clicks and stop past or in between the clicks.

3. While driving straight, the steering wheel does not sit straight and is turned to the right a bit. I have tested this on multiple, leveled roads and freeways. Aside from steering please check that all the alignment etc is within specifications (and I would love a hard copy of the alignment diagnostics/results, thanks.).

4. Front suspension or steering knock/loose feeling. This happens intermittently when driving very slowly and straight, on small but sharp, uneven surfaces, like pulling into your driveway from the street (where the pavement meets the sidewalk' raised edge). This was a well known and recorded issue on LR3 with multiple TSBs. I had thought this issue was resolved by now with LR4's revised steering and suspension components. But much to my surprise, I have noticed this problem in my LR4 as well. I have been able to record a couple of videos of this where you can hear the noise, which I will send to you in a separate email shortly. Also, upon research I have found a TSB on this:

http://www.disco3.it/gallery/albums..._Knock_Noise_While_Driving_Straight_Ahead.pdf

5. Front power adapter cover is lose.

6. Rear wheel arches body cladding / trim pieces do not line up. Before any work is done, I'd like to know the diagnostics on this please, thanks.

7. Climate controls' passenger side temperature knob is lose.

8. When put in reverse gear, the radio changes the band from FM to AM. This has happened only twice so far, so maybe a hick-up.

9. Surround cameras do not work sometimes and show blue screens with a cross marks. This is intermittent and has happened only a couple of times so far.

10. Ride feels a bit harsh with wheel judder and and not as smooth sometimes when driving at moderate speeds and going over minor uneven roads. When I test drove another LR4 last week with you, its ride felt much better and the car had less miles (approximately 80 miles) than my car (around 650 miles) if break-in period is to be considered as the reason. Could you please check all the suspension components, struts, shocks absorbers etc.

11. Steering wheel feels a bit with shimmy or slight vibration and normal highway speeds like around 55 to 60 mph or so.

12. When parked on a level ground, the car feels slightly dipped toward front driver side. I have checked the tires' air pressure with an expensive accurate tire gauge and they are inflated up to the vehicle' specs note on the driver' side front door.

13. Slight whistling wind noise from the front driver's side when driving at speeds from 15 to 25 or 30 mph.

14. Front leather facia' stitching is uneven near the passenger side. Before any work is done on this, could I please know the diagnostics, thanks.

15. Instrument panel' LCD screen shown some unwanted pixels around sometimes when car is turned off or on. This is intermittent.

16. Overall wind or ambience noise inside the cabin, could you please check that all the door seals, etc are up to specs, thanks.

Thanks,

No offense, but your car is shiet. My LR4 is perfect.

Seriously... your car is an outlier.

By no means should anyone use this poor soul as a proxy to these superb vehicles.

And mind you, the LR4 is not a 100K Range Rover, hence the nitpicking bits: some wind noise.

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on my second LR4 now and have had no issues. This is unacceptable. Maybe the team that put it together that had had too many beers with their fish and chips...I would request these items be fixed. not sure if lemon law applies here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635