10.4 inch tesla style infotainment screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are companies out there that do this. Not sure a land rover has been done, but I know a Ford Raptor has been converted over to one.

awesam

Reaction score
There are companies out there that do this. Not sure a land rover has been done, but I know a Ford Raptor has been converted over to one.

Cool! Have you used it? Is it terrible?! Inquiring minds need to know lol

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the youtuber Salomondrin had one put in his Raptor by Galpin Auto. You can search on youtube for it.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To anybody thinking about doing this...read that forum. Holy cow...99 pages of comments since December. Lots of noted issues and problems. Here's the thing...if you're going to do this remember that whatever you install is likely running on an Android platform. Mind you it's not a "Samsung android" or "pure android" but a 3rd party edition that's been hacked up to interface with the factory systems. My experience with Android that isn't baked and run by a major player is that they fall out of support quickly and you're stuck trying to fix it when it crashes.

Simplicity is key here...the factory system "works"...is it a little laggy and out of date? Sure is but it still works. If you want a 10"+ infotainment system on the dash find a way to mount a tablet of your own in addition to the factory system. Sure it won't be as neat looking as one that's built into the dash but it's also not something that's going to leave you high and dry should it crash and reset.

awesam

Reaction score
That raptor demo actually looked great to me, but I think that’s a more advanced (12inch)unit. I think the 10.4’s are slower/older

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To anybody thinking about doing this...read that forum. Holy cow...99 pages of comments since December. Lots of noted issues and problems. Here's the thing...if you're going to do this remember that whatever you install is likely running on an Android platform. Mind you it's not a "Samsung android" or "pure android" but a 3rd party edition that's been hacked up to interface with the factory systems. My experience with Android that isn't baked and run by a major player is that they fall out of support quickly and you're stuck trying to fix it when it crashes.

Simplicity is key here...the factory system "works"...is it a little laggy and out of date? Sure is but it still works. If you want a 10"+ infotainment system on the dash find a way to mount a tablet of your own in addition to the factory system. Sure it won't be as neat looking as one that's built into the dash but it's also not something that's going to leave you high and dry should it crash and reset.

Yep, lots of small issues the company seems to be fixing, but more come up. I am not going to be doing it to my Raptor as I don't want to go through that hassle. Would love the 12 inch screen, but its not worth it if it doesn't work correctly.

That raptor demo actually looked great to me, but I think that’s a more advanced (12inch)unit. I think the 10.4’s are slower/older

The company that created the Raptor 12 inch has more sizes and can be installed in more then the Raptor. As of right now though, they don't have a Land Rover setup yet.

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com/

awesam

Reaction score
Yeah that’s true, but it does give me hope. To be honest, these systems overall are pretty amazing for some plug and play devices. I think I’d have a bit more understanding and be willing to give more leeway. Just gotta figure out how to proceed. More insight is welcome!

awesam

Reaction score
Does anyone know if ford has a similar 4x4 graphical user interface like on the lr4? I wonder if that could be emulated in these android systems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut