2010 lr4 whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tnlr4

Reaction score
So I've been battling a whine. Doesnt matter if I'm in park or drive it will whine. I replaced the typical culprits what would be for other brands. I've replaced the alternator and powersteering pump. Neither did anything. Before I start just replacing everything now is there something more common with these to create a idle whine?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it go away with increased rpm? While running at idle, can you isolate a general area?

If it's not rotational, could be a loose vacuum connection. It's hard to say honestly without a general / specific location

Tnlr4

Reaction score
It does not go away at idle can't really hear it but once you get to 1800+ rpms can easily hear it. To me sounds like it was coming from drivers side of the engine. Hence why I just replaced the powersteering pump since its right there and is the typical culprit in most other vehicles. But that did not solve the issue

Tnlr4

Reaction score
I will have to have my wife go with me for a ride and I'll Check that out. The waterpump was done about 13kish miles ago from landrover before I bought it. Only thing left is the pullys, fan and a/c

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it happen with the A/C on/off?

My AC whines a very small amount (can't hear during normal driving)

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't checked a/c been in the mid 30s where I live. So the whine is happening with the ac off
Sorry I should clarify.

Does the whine happen when the AC compressor is on? If you leave your climate control in Auto then it'll run the A/C to keep the air dry, for defrosting.

Just press the A/C button on the fan speed control and see if anything changes.

But, with how you're explaining the whine, it does sound like it could be a pully. I've had whiny noises before and have just sprayed some type of lubricant while the cars running to see if anything changes.

Tnlr4

Reaction score
Most the time I never have any climate on. Just heated seats typically is good enough for me. Doesn't seem to hurt anything just an annoyance

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked under the hood to see if a supercharger randomly appeared? I’ve heard of this happening with a couple of people.

Jokes of course, hope you find the issue. I remember reading a form a while back but can’t put my finger on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM