2014 LR4 SCV6 Low RPM detonation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
41k miles. Just started noticing it within the last 1k miles or so. And usually when the engine is cold. Thought it might have been bad gas, but I’ve changed fueling regions and even experimented with another brand. Oil has been changed ever 10k miles. Air filters are 8k miles old. I use Chevron Premium fuel.

Outside of changing spark plugs and fuel filter, I’m looking for other ideas.

Has anyone run across this issue with low RPM detonation?

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve experienced the same thing with our 2015. We’re currently sitting around 55K miles and it’s always filled with 91. I’ve noticed it from day one, however, it’s only when going up hill during a very slow rate of acceleration. If I get on the gas a bit more it goes away.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a scan tool that can read fuel trim (like GAP IID or the like)? Could be running a little lean - maybe dirty injectors or weakening fuel pump.

I’m not one to push fuel additives, but you might try running a fuel system cleaner through on a couple tanks if you haven’t already. I had some very minor pinging for a while on shifting, and it seems to have gotten better (I wasn’t even trying to cure that problem, just noticed it was better after the fuel system cleaner).

Reaction score
Ok I’ll give a fuel system treatment a try as well. I’ll report back after I make some changes.

thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA