2015 LR4 Electrical Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjchankalian

Reaction score
Traded in my 2011 for a 2015. Had it for about 3 weeks and then on Friday it flashed a parking break fault while driving for a second or two. I pulled over, put the parking break on and off a few times and it was good the rest of the day.

Then on Saturday it did the same thing on the parkway. Was 40 miles from home so not much I could do. Then on my way home, the whole dash blacked out. It flashed about 20 errors, hard to read at 70 mph. I also heard a lot of relays tripping in the glove box area. That lasted maybe 5 seconds.

I caled LR and they said get it home and they would pick up. A minute later, while on the highway it did the same thing and stopped the engine for a second or two. I had it towed at that point.

Dealer ran diagnostics all day and can't figure it out. They are sending the codes to LR for tbem to analyze.

I love the truck but am getting a little concerned.

Anyone experience anything like this on the SCV6? Never had one issue with my 2011.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of people have stated issues with the 2014+. There were a couple people on here I believe that had the vehicles go out on them going down the highway. Do some searching and see if you can find the original threads to send the OP's a message.

Not sure where you are located but one thing you should do is read up on the Lemon Law's in your state. Starting from the moment you called begin documenting everything between you and the dealer, e-mails are preferable. If you continue to have issues push for it to be Lemon'd and replaced.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without being as drastic as looking into lemon law right away. LR are known for having weak batteries that will throw a bunch of faults. I had a similar issue with my 2010 and after replacing the battery they ended up having to replace the instrument cluster and key recognition module.
You never know with these LRs but they are awesome if you stick with them.

Interpol

Reaction score
i've been off the forum for the past little while came back on today to read about people having problems with their 2015 lr4s :(, was supposed to go talk to the dealer at the end of this month about ordering one when my brother brings back his rrs at the end of his lease, but now im getting a little nervous, might have to seriously consider another brand now. :frown:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You give up on a brand because of 2 or 3 people on a forum are having issues at the same time? It's a forum for technical discussions, after all... I am sure there are way more 2015s out there that aren't having any issues - the L419 platform has been around for 11+ years and has been among the most reliable products Land Rover makes for the past 7 or 8. It can't have turned into crap overnight simply because they introduced InControl and slapped some side steps on it! :biggrin:

We have heard of dashboards lighting up like Christmas trees ever since the first Land Rover was introduced, although it certainly sucks for the OP - or anyone experiencing this in a brand new car, no matter how much it cost - give the dealer at least one chance to figure it out and fix it... Maybe it's just a stupid connector off its socket, with these new vehicles (and Land Rover is by no means the only one making them so complicated) it could literally be something silly like that.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Umberto and wouldn't shy away from the brand at all. We loved our LR4, when it worked. I would love to have stayed with the Green Oval but situations changed and until we move to a location with a different dealer I will not be back. If you have a good dealer I wouldn't be fearful. Buy the truck you want and let the dealer deal with any issues you come across.

My statements were just there from experience. I wasn't trying to scare anyone off, just make sure people know and understand their options.

Again, loved our LR4 when it worked. Every time we see one on the road we comment about how great it was and how much we loved it.

I sincerely hope the OP's situation gets fixed quickly and has no other issues. I am looking forward to what he finds out as the others who had gotten on here with similar issues on the 2014's never came back to state what the fixes were. Hopefully he returns.

Interpol

Reaction score
fair enough, but 3 people on a forum all at once is a lot considering all the people that im sure have problems and don't post them online. Hearing about a brand new car having to be towed was what really let me down, although i think the car gods are punishing me for bashing landrover because the check engine light just came on today on my car, but its the first time its happened and the vehicle is just about 4 years old.
i guess i'll linger around the forums and see how things work out cause as i was looking around again i realized that i ended up here cause i personally thought the lr4 was one of the better looking suv's out there. I'm a fan of the boxier look and would buy a g wagon if i could :p

Interpol

Reaction score
BTW,
didn't mean to hijack the post rjchankalian, please keep us posted on what happens, im curious as to how serious or not the issues are.

rjchankalian

Reaction score
No problem. First off, I love my LR4 and thats why I bought the same exact truck. Never one issue with my 2011. Second, my dealer Ray Catena has always been Great.

So, they ran diagnotics on the truck and no error codes came up. They sent log files to LR and had them analyze.

Today they called and said they noticed the negative battery cable was loose. They fixed that and want to keep the truck tonight to make sure that was the issue.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Figures it snowed tonight.

I have a Cayanne loaner. I loved my Caymen S, and nothing against Porsche, but I miss my LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72