2016 LR4 ran out of gas, how to clear CEL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Last night, the wifey ran out of gas on the highway (just a single mile away from home! Ugh), and it's been perfect since filled up again, but the Check Engine Light is on and remains on. It's been switched on an off maybe 6 times thus far since it happened.

Will the CEL go away on its own eventually or will it need to be taken to the dealer?

Thanks.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you pulled the code? I've had CELs shut off, but the code is stored.. Something tells me if it's still on then something's not reporting/indicating correctly..

Mike

neezer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx, it went away on its own the next day. My wife had the vehicle so i'm unsure of the # of ignition cycles used that day, but I'm positive it was far less than 50. Just wanted to share. Thx again.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When in doubt, disconnect negative battery cable, wait 10 seconds, reconnect. Cost me $80 to learn that from a local shop when I ran out of gas and couldn't clear errors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo