3" Rovertym Lift + Tires

Which route would you go?

• SAFE w/ 33" tires, 3" RTE springs + added rim offset on otherwise stock suspension

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOT SAFE w/ 33" tires, 3" RTE springs + added rim offset on otherwise stock suspension

• SAFE w/ 32" tires, 3" RTE springs + added rim offset on otherwise stock suspension

• NOT SAFE w/ 32" tires, 3" RTE springs + added rim offset on otherwise stock suspension

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nola000

Reaction score
Hello.

Full-time lurker, part-time poster.

I have a stock 2004 Disco with heavily neglected stock 255/55/18 tires that are about to blow.

I have plans for several off-road upgrades even though I dont do any recreational off-roading, though that could become a hobby in the future. This truck was purchased for the purpose of going on deep-country camping trips and to get me and my family out of harms way should the need arise.

I would like to go as high as possible without creating reliability issues, looking ridiculous and making entry and exit difficult for wee ones and wifey types. The 3" Rovertym lift seems to be the consensus as far as springs go and I would like to go with 33" tires and 16x7 Gulf Coast Rover Black Nugget rims or the Atlantic British 3030 rims.

After doing much reading on the subject there seems to be no consensus on whether there would be any issues with driveshafts, axles, shocks, brake lines, ring and pinion gears, etc with the added spring height, tire height and rim offset. Some people say there are issues and some say there are none. Id like to hear from those that have done the Rovertym 3" inch springs, 33 inch tires and added offset ONLY on an otherwise stock suspension. In other words people with actual experience with the setup Im describing, not hearsay.

If this setup will assure problems without other upgrades then what problems would there be with 32" tires, added offset from said rims and a 3" Rovertym spring setup? Im not against going with 3" Rovertym springs on 32s but I have only found one picture of a Disco with such a setup and it was a Disco I. So Im not sure if 32s would look too small on RTE 3" springs.

I may, in the future, upgrade to heavy duty axles, driveshafts and 4.11 gears but I dont want to make a tire, rim and spring purchase and be forced immediately to spend money on other items not related to replacing my stock rubber and rims. Like I said I dont do any recreational off-roading and I can hold off on any off-road camping trips until then. I dont want to make a purchase decision and have to upgrade later or try to sell my new stuff on the used market. My main concern right now is just getting the old rubber off the road and future proofing.

Thanks,
Kyle C.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99