75k mile service - diff and transfer case fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think it is allowed to post a link here due to copyright issues, but it is indeed out there.

Have you ever wondered where you might find Land Rover information if you were broken down in South Africa?

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting my mechanic to do the tranny fluid and filter change using the AB kit. Old fluid not too nasty looking. Did front and rear diff oil changes myself today. Plugs came out fine and oil looked new! Transfer case only had a litre in it (leaking a bit) and old fluid was brown. Now refilled with 1.5L of fresh white wine coloured oil.

steveC101

Reaction score
I just replaced my transfer case and diff oils today having read through a few threads on the subject including this one. Thank you all for your input. I used the Royal Purple oils recommended by TLT on one of the threads.

Having noticed that so many people have had difficulty refilling I looked around and found an excellent solution that save a lot of messing around: a garden chemical sprayer. I bought mine from Harbor Freight but they're available at Home Depot and Lowes etc. I did one modification, which was leave off the spray connection and instead attach a length of 10mm OD vinyl tubing to the end of outlet tube for extra reach. The one I bought has a small, locking, tap-like trigger to control the flow. Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/yxwtzjuh. I found it valuable to fill it with water to the quantity specs and mark up each beforehand so I didn't have to guess when I used it.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my transfer case and diff oils today having read through a few threads on the subject including this one. Thank you all for your input. I used the Royal Purple oils recommended by TLT on one of the threads.

Having noticed that so many people have had difficulty refilling I looked around and found an excellent solution that save a lot of messing around: a garden chemical sprayer. I bought mine from Harbor Freight but they're available at Home Depot and Lowes etc. I did one modification, which was leave off the spray connection and instead attach a length of 10mm OD vinyl tubing to the end of outlet tube for extra reach. The one I bought has a small, locking, tap-like trigger to control the flow. Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/yxwtzjuh. I found it valuable to fill it with water to the quantity specs and mark up each beforehand so I didn't have to guess when I used it.

Brilliant

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV