Aftermarket Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turiroc

Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing the rear pads and boy am I glad I did. The OEMs that I removed where done at 14k miles. No pad left!!

I decided to install the Akebono pads which I picked up for $60. Akebono doesn't make front pads for my LR4 so we'll see what I do when its time to replace them. They have 6k miles so far.

Thank you all for the feedback.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still don't get how you can go through OE pads in 14k miles.. thats just amazing.

32k on my 13', used 2mm.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me I needed pad replacement on my rears at around 13k miles on my 2013. I am still skeptical about that one and might just buy a caliper to check for myself in the future.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All things being equal the rear often wear out before the front. That was happening to me too but not at that mileage. Mine lasted till 28K miles before I changed them. Still had some pad left...

Turiroc

Reaction score
I was also skeptical but after pulling out the old pads they were definitely done.. Wish I would've taken a picture of how bad the pad was.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635