"Air Suspension Not In Customer Mode" when trying to calibrate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtopkin

Reaction score
Folks, trying to calibrate my suspension on my 2015 LR4 using the Gap IID tool, and every time I’m just about to calibrate I get the “air suspension not in customer mode” warning on the dash.

I did go through the whole routine disabling build mode, and then re-enabling EAS… but then when I go to calibrate, the “not in customer mode” comes back up.

Suspension is working fine and as it should. No issues or faults showing up, but wanted to make some adjustments, but can’t without it being in customer mode.
Anyone experience this or know a fix?

The warning doesn't show up in any other instance.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is. Customers generally can't calibrate their own suspension. It's going to be "not in customer mode" while it's in calibration mode. That's a warning for the Land Rover techs to put things back to normal before they toss the keys back to the owner.

dtopkin

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is. Customers generally can't calibrate their own suspension. It's going to be "not in customer mode" while it's in calibration mode. That's a warning for the Land Rover techs to put things back to normal before they toss the keys back to the owner.

I seem to be able to enter the calibration mode, but I'm not sure it's "doing anything" when i'm adjusting the heights.

You mention that it's going to be "not in customer mode" while it's in calibration mode, so should I just continue to do the calibration and complete the process? I figured I wouldn't have that warning pop up if I wanted to calibrate? I can still go through the process, but I figured the warning meant that nothing would happen?

dtopkin

Reaction score
Okay. I think I figured it out—I was thrown off by the "not in customer mode" and thought I needed to be in customer mode to calibrate. But, it's supposed to be in that mode as you mentioned. Thanks, Ryanjl!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just keep going when it says "not in customer mode." Generally, calibration is something reserved for dealer service departments only, and that warning just lets them know they need to put it back into customer mode when they are done with their work. By the grace of the iiD tool, we're able to do it ourselves.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Additionally, if you ever take it in to get aligned somewhere that is not a Land Rover dealer, put it in "tight tolerance mode" before you hand it over. That same warning message will appear on your dash.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Additionally, if you ever take it in to get aligned somewhere that is not a Land Rover dealer, put it in "tight tolerance mode" before you hand it over. That same warning message will appear on your dash.
True.

Driving over 30mph with return take the suspension out of tight tolerance mode.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut