Air suspension shock replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Albert

Reaction score
I looked up air spring vs air struts and from what I could see the spring was the cylinder and the air strut looked like the cylinder with a strut inside
So I guess that is the difference
My 2008 Rover has been in the vegas heat all it’s life so I guess that probably why they are leaking

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the shop manual overview of the rear suspension, that may help clarify things a bit.

Attachments

• description & operation.pdf
    733.1 KB · Views: 79

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
I am looking for help choosing 2 rear air suspension shocks for a 2008 LR3
Go for Genuine Shocks.Patten Shocks are ok if you need to put some on to get you home but in my opinion they do not last half as long as the genuine Air Shocks. Mine are coming up for replacement soon. I’ve covered 136000 miles now and have noticed the rubber gaiters are starting to split on the 2 rear shocks. I’m going too wait until the front suspension arms need replacing so I can do the complete job all together. My rear suspension arms were changed in 2019 with Polybushes so I will do the fronts with Polybushes too.

Paul Albert

Reaction score
I now have several emissions codes to correct in order to pass the nevada smog
I will record them when the shop gives them to me

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my fronts with Arnott about 2 years ago and feel they are as good if not better then the OEM stuff. My rears just started leaking about a month ago after rebuilding all the air valves so I'm about to order the 2 rears as well. One note Arnott recently put out a newer revised version for the fronts and rears with a little firmer shock - for me pulling the trailer and having 3 kids with crap I welcome the additional valving but you may or may not. Another side note (I know that the rears can last a bit longer but for the age of our vehicles I've notice that almost all the functional rubber items starting to degrade lately - rear driveshaft carriage bearing bushing, some of the not frequently replaced upper control arm bushings, etc. so it may be a perfect time to check those items while your in there.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Rockauto.com, Arnotts are carried by them and I think they were cheaper than $450.00 for rears if you go that route.

TheKOI

Reaction score
I replaced my air struts with Arnotts at 173+ miles, today the odometer is reading 233+ and so far the struts are holding my abuse on/off-road like a champ.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV