Air suspension shock replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Albert

Reaction score
Thanks for you help
Where is the center valve located?
I thought that there are only 2 valves front and rear

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 of the 4 air struts were original on mine at 235K miles, replaced all 4 with Arnott, a super easy decision to make because of their warranty. Also replaced the compressor at the same time, but did that swap by myself. I’m now at 266K miles and going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Center valve is between the compressor cover and the reservoir. Just follow the air lines, its attached to the inside of the frame just forward of the compressor.

Paul Albert

Reaction score
Does that valve only control the reservoir? Or can it deflate the air struts if it is damaged?

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that valve only control the reservoir? Or can it deflate the air struts if it is damaged?
The center distribution block controls air to the front block and the rear block. It also is plumbed to the reservoir. If it gets damaged, it could definitely have and impact on how it manages air supply.

Paul Albert

Reaction score
Ok thanks for your help, I can hear air leaking out of the front valve, I replaced the rear valve. However my LR3 still will be down on all 4 air springs after about 8 hours.
I did pull the fuses several times to see which air spring was leaking however it still settles on all four springs
Any suggestions?

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery and let it sit overnight by chance? If it settles with the battery disconnected, it’s an airbag.

The purpose of the need for power to the junction blocks is that they need to be energized to release air, not hold air (they are spring loaded closed). So if the battery is connected and you deflate, the leak is probably at one of the solenoids in the block (there are three) or a line or even the compressor.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread but wondering if Britpart front air springs are no longer avaialable, seems like
Arnott or dealership are the only quality option left. Rockauto no longer has Arnott, but other brands that I can't find any info online about.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72