Air suspension shock replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthwestDriver

Reaction score
I’ve read mixed reviews on Arnott lately. You can order BWI (which bought out Delphi, the OE supplier) through Advanced Factors UK —I’m leaning toward that should I need to replace mine.

LVDaytripper

Reaction score
Old thread but wondering if Britpart front air springs are no longer avaialable, seems like
Arnott or dealership are the only quality option left. Rockauto no longer has Arnott, but other brands that I can't find any info online about.
Atlantic British I believe still has air springs available.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only redeeming value of Arnott is that they have a lifetime warranty. I've blown out three now, a two buddies have blown out a few as well. OEM is THE BEST air spring option. 3 of my 4 air springs lasted over 200K miles.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you/they blow them out? Just curious what the failure mode is. I have Arnotts on my '06 and if there is something to look for, symptomatically, I'd like to know. Thanks.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you/they blow them out? Just curious what the failure mode is. I have Arnotts on my '06 and if there is something to look for, symptomatically, I'd like to know. Thanks.
The first time was hitting p ot holes too fast. The back end slammed hard and created pin hole leaks. That took out both rears. But the most recent time I was on a pretty smooth trail going about 10 mph when I went over a rock with the left rear. The momentum I had cause the back end to jump up and then come down kind of hard, but nothing abnormal, and the air bag not only gave out, but the strut itself collapsed at a bout a 30 degree angle. Arnott didn't hesitate to replace any of them.
If you're loaded down in expedition mode, just remember the old adage, as slow as possible but as fast a necessary.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info, thanks. Luckily my '06 is more of a camping and light duty rig. My '05 is the built one and it has OEM shocks all the way around.

NorthwestDriver

Reaction score
Old thread but wondering if Britpart front air springs are no longer avaialable, seems like
Arnott or dealership are the only quality option left. Rockauto no longer has Arnott, but other brands that I can't find any info online about.
RA has Arnott back in stock. Just saw them last week when I was checking their selection.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA