Choking on brake dust!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it just me or do the new brakes on the LR4 leave a ton of brake dust? I have to clean my wheels after just a few days of driving even when the rest of the truck looks spotless.

Anyone know of any replacement aftermarket pads for the 2010 and up LR4?

Rob

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with Akebono, their ceramic pads don't make dust, stop well and out last OEM type pads.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed that as well. mine's also screeching at cold start at 2k miles when i ease out of my driveway.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still get alot of dust with my ebc greenstuff 6000

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the aftermarket manufacturer. I went and looked at thier online catalog, but the LR4 has a totally different brake system. I don't think the aftermarket has caught up yet.

I have over 5k miles on my LR4, and not a peep out of the brakes.

Rob

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had by '11 LR4 for about a week now and have noticed that keeping the wheels clean is going to be a real issue.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'll admit that the breaks do produce a fair amount of brake dust, I won't concede that our LR4 produces any more or less then my 08 Cadillac CTS, or our previous family vehicle, an 07 BMW X5 with the sport package. My wife has an unlimited wash pass at a local full service car wash, and get her LR4 washed a couple of times per week. The wheels stay pretty clean as a result. My only concern about the car wash is that she "NOT" forget to turn off the auto rain sensing wipers before sending the truck through!

Cheers,

Joe

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the aftermarket manufacturer. I went and looked at thier online catalog, but the LR4 has a totally different brake system. I don't think the aftermarket has caught up yet.

I have over 5k miles on my LR4, and not a peep out of the brakes.

Rob

Give their customer service dept. a call, they are great to work with.
http://www.akebonobrakes.com/

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think new pads are all that are needed. Lexus released a TSB for pads on my wife's Lexus because people thought there was too much brake dust. They were replaced under warranty.

I'm not looking for LR to replace them. I just want other options.

rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM