DIY water pump and crossover pipe Video.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am REALLY grateful you posted these, @jlglr4 ! I was about to dig in to replacing the plastic lines before I read @Michael Gain 's article on his own experience there. I hadn't planned on pulling off the supercharger. Now I have more parts to order.​

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think definitely pull the supercharger. Only good way to reach the rear crossover. Pulling the just the snout to get access to the front crossover is probably harder than pulling the whole thing. That snout is really stuck on pretty good with RTV, and then you still can’t reach the rear crossover very well. Good tips in there about how to pry up on the super to get it off (it has some alignment pegs that makes it feel still attached), and watch out for the coolant tube and knock sensors that are located under the super charger.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that in your writeup, too, @jlglr4 . Appreciate your attention to detail in this as well!

One thing not on the parts list: when replacing the water pump and the oil cooler tube (LR028136), it comes with one seal, but the O-ring is sold separately. $13 for an O-ring. I'll get a part number when I pick it up and add it to the list.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing not on the parts list: when replacing the water pump and the oil cooler tube (LR028136), it comes with one seal, but the O-ring is sold separately. $13 for an O-ring. I'll get a part number when I pick it up and add it to the list.

I listed it on my post a few back

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t remember anymore. Maybe I bought it at the counter (I did the parts lists from my online orders). Or maybe I forgot and just reused the old one. Whatever I did, it hasn’t started leaking (yet).

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LR030593 is the part number.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA