Engine revs high upon start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its just raring to go, it's a thoroughbred! Yeah that's too damn high.

You can see it go to high idle initially and then it jumps up again. Please update thread when you figure it out.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Codes were Too lean, misfire, and vacuum leak

Solution happened today. new PCV valve! That was it.

$30 on amazon overnighted and problem solved.

I’ve been tempted to do mine preventatively and now I’m convinced. This is the second truck I’ve heard of recently that had one of the pcv valves fail around that mileage.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been tempted to do mine preventatively and now I’m convinced. This is the second truck I’ve heard of recently that had one of the pcv valves fail around that mileage.
I think there are some mechanics who do it preventatively as early as 30k. Some engines are easier than others. Took us maybe 15 mins total.

Delta V

Reaction score
I have been dealing with the too lean, a misfire on the 456 bank, and my independent (just looking at codes) told me he thinks it's the high-pressure fuel pump.

Honestly, I kinda agree that it sounds like a vacuum leak issue as well; did your mechanic do anything to test for the vacuum leak? I kinda want something else checked first before diving into the cost of the fuel pumps...

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do a smoke test. Mine did not but did a visual of all the lines. There was a hissing sound and one damaged line but the hissing did not go away after replacing the line. The pcv is so cheap and easy and known to degrade that its likely worth it to replace if you have over 50k miles. My pcv bladder was ripped.

Meh9230

Reaction score
I'm not versed on cars if any type, but that's too high. My LR4 idles high for 5 seconds, but never that high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV